Is it just me or...........

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
...............does anyone else keep forgetting their phone when they lock up and leave their car? Number of times I've plugged it onto the wire in the centre console, put the armrest down, got to where I'm going and realised some 10 minutes or so after I've locked the car up that I've left my phone still plugged into the car in the centre console and had to go back to the car for it!

Maybe its an age thing..............LOL

Reactions: alistairm1 and elpaulio
I do it all the time, living in a 3rd floor flat makes it worse.

The g*** displays a message as you turn the car off …

All the time! I leave it in the cup holder pretty much every time i'm in the car!!

I keep doing that too..............................

I'm receiving some comfort that I'm not the only one.:nogarors4:

Ditto the above when it's plugged in to the armrest.

I'd put it down to an age thing, but you guys have given me hope :grinning:

I do it all the time. There's a gap under the arm rest when it's closed so when I'm charging the iPhone via the USB port I leave a loop of the white wire sticking out to remind me that it's in there.

I do it all the time. There's a gap under the arm rest when it's closed so when I'm charging the iPhone via the USB port I leave a loop of the white wire sticking out to remind me that it's in there.
Any reason why you use the white cable and not the one audi give you?.....hmm thinking about it you may have just solved a problem for me!!!

lol scratch that, I don't have a usb slot :(

Last edited:
Any reason why you use the white cable and not the one audi give you?

I have to take the case off my iPhone to use the AMI lead but the Apple white USB cable plugs right in for recharging.

I had an old ipod lying around so now using that as a permanent AMI connection, can't be assed with the hassle of plugging in my iphone every time I get into the car and then forgetting it about it afterwards.

Any reason why you use the white cable and not the one audi give you?.....hmm thinking about it you may have just solved a problem for me!!!

lol scratch that, I don't have a usb slot :(

Did you not get an AMI to USB with the car? That's what I use and just plug in my iPhone cable.

Now you mention it I did...forgot about that one...will try it out :)

TY :)

You're certainly not alone, mate! I'm always forgetting to take it with me. I think it's got something to do with the fact that we don't have fixed phone cradles in our cars anymore, so no visible reminder when you leave.