1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it boost tube?

kachnak Dec 5, 2009

1. kachnak

kachnak Active Member

Hello, today I found some tube which is going from motor space to interier. See two attached photos.
    Is this tube for boost gauge?
    Thank you

(wait a minute please i can not find here button for add photos from my computer)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Looks to be, that's what I would guess at least. Looks like the generic tube that come with most boost gauge kits...

It it blocked off? If not that's a nasty little boost/vac leak.

3. kachnak

kachnak Active Member

The end of this tube is no blocked. It is like on photo. when i put there finger I feel little vacuum. It was same vacuum if motor runs in 1000 or 6000 rpm.
    I think when motor runs faster there must be some pressure no vacuum or not?
    During driving sometimes I hear some sound like tssssssss

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

revving the engine stationary will not see you any boost still, as there is no load, so you'll still see a vacuum. try plugging it and see if it makes any difference, or install a guage on it!

5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Yep, either block it off of use it for a gauge...

Even a pipe that size will lose you a substantial amount of boost, so it defiantly needs addressing as soon as.

That is definitely what the noises you're hearing are.... Just find a screw and wind it into the end of the pipe, bit of silicone around it, job done. :)

6. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Well-Known Member

Yeah it's definitley for a boost gauge, you need to plug it asap or put a guage on it.