1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a 'Characteristic' of the A3 to get wet?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_katetodd, Oct 4, 2004.

1. imported_katetodd

imported_katetodd Guest

Does anyone else get this problem with the A3? If there is rain water on the roof of the car, you open your window, and you get water dropping down through the open window, inside the car, which consequently drops onto all the electric window opening switches?

I rang my local Audi dealership to complain about the fog lights condensating. I was told that it is a 'characteristic' of the car, as the lenses are plastic, and they will only investigate when there is water hanging at the bottom of the lense! So I then asked the service department if it was a 'characteristic' to get wet when you open you window when the car is wet (or in the rain)? She said she hadn't heard of this compliant!? Just wondered if anyone else has this problem, and is it a 'characteristic' of the Audi A3

I am well chuffed with my A3, but never got this wet in a VW Golf!
  2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Too true, plus if you open the door again you get a big drop onto the outermost seat bolster / thigh depening upon your body habitus...
  3. garethj

garethj Member

Characteristic of most modern cars that don't have proper channels in the roof. Although the new A3 does seem to be pretty bad.
  4. mazzy

mazzy Member

yeah dats a f***** Bas***. Especially when u gotta open the window to call sum1 or say summit n then u get tons of water dripping in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  5. garethj

garethj Member

I usually use my phone to call someone. Not really into mountaineering so don't need to say summit really often.
  6. neiloneilo

neiloneilo Member

Yup, open the door or the window if the car is wet and you get wet.

But it's worth it!
  7. imported_katetodd

imported_katetodd Guest

So it's not just me getting wet then!

Yep definately worth it!
  8. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

No it's not just you. I find water streams straight onto me or my seat when I open the door. It's an absolute pain and not something I have ever encountered on any other car.
  9. garethj

garethj Member

Yak I think you might find that the smokers open their windows more often.
  10. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

I used to get this problem will all my previous A3 1.8T Sports but, although we've had quite a lot of rain recently I've have not noticed the problem with the new A3 - thank goodness. The 'gutter' arrangement seems to be better on the new A3.
  11. Horchsense

Horchsense Member

B6 - umm look - the roofline (widthways)is significantly narrower than the bodyline(widthways) so water falling vertically must enter an open window. Solution - drive off, let excess water drain from roof- then open window. Doh!