1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is car insurance changing!?... Ok maybe not.

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by jojo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 24, 2014]
    This was for car insurance on the wife's standard Toyota Rav4 earlier this month.

For the first time ever, the renewal quote was cheaper than what I could get online with the same company! In the past, the renewal quote was always hiked up, so we are forced to shop around for the best deal, but I was surprised to get a renewal quote cheaper than last year, and couldn't be beaten, using a new quote form on the same company site, so maybe insurance companies are finally waking up, and finding ways to keep their customers with less hassle.

I thought we was onto a winner here, but unfortunately for them, some other big company quoted £100 cheaper online, so I went with them instead!

£265 for F/C insurance including legal cover etc., not bad I must say, but it's also a sign of old age! Lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. audigex

audigex Active Member

[Feb 24, 2014]
    My renewal quote:

My online quote

Nope.
  4. Tim@Prestige

Tim@Prestige Member

[Feb 24, 2014]
    One good thing about getting older :)
  5. munchkins

munchkins New Member

[Mar 3, 2014]
    Agree. I need to get a few quotes for low mileage auto insurance next time then.