1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is blocking dv ok?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Danielk5787, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Danielk5787

Danielk5787 Member

[Aug 7, 2014]
    Right quick question am I right in thinking it's ok to block off my dv for a short time as iv took it off and pushed the piston up, blocked the top with my finger and the piston drops slowly so I'm thinking it's on its way out. Also have an air leak coming from the smaller sized piping. What diameter are these pipes because I doubt il be able to source one. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

[Aug 8, 2014]
    A slightly leaking DV is better than not having one on at all IMO.

Can't quite tell from the pic which pipe it is you're referring to, but safest/most certain way is to measure it?
  4. Danielk5787

Danielk5787 Member

[Aug 8, 2014]
    Well my problem is there feels to be less power when up to temp so was just double checking I'd be ok to block it off and change the split pipe and drive for a couple of days to see if that was my problem. Thanks for your help :yes:
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 8, 2014]
    All the stuff under the inlet can be removed... if you really want to replace it then Audi sell it as a complete unit for around 100 quid...

I remove these all the time... all you realistically need to do is connect the hose going to the servo (one on the end), block off the centre outlet under the inlet and block off the PCV valve in the rubber 'T'

There are a few guides in the FAQs for doing catch cans and PCV deletes... you don't need to fit a catch can to remove all this though

I would advise against blocking off the DV... if you reeeeeeeealy have to then unplug the N75 electrically too... its will only run on actuator pressure then and be safer than running full boost until you get the DV replaced

<tuffty/>
  6. Danielk5787

Danielk5787 Member

[Aug 8, 2014]
    Cheers sounds like the best plan as it can't split again. Il leave the dv on for now n probs get a service kit as it's a bailey motorsport dv. Thanks again
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 8, 2014]
    Don't get a bailey dude... they leak... get a brand new OE one as they are now better than previous versions or if you must have after market get a new Forge 007 or 008 as they have the new design pistons that actual seal

<tuffty/>
  8. jasongtr

jasongtr Active Member

[Aug 8, 2014]
    I've got an almost new 008 if you re interested
  9. Danielk5787

Danielk5787 Member

[Aug 10, 2014]
    Yea how much pal?
    N thanks tufty il be doing that asap as iv made it worse messing with it and it's unmissable now lol
  10. rraghvani

rraghvani Whoever does not try, does not learn.

[Aug 11, 2014]
    <tuffty/>, I don't suppose you know what the Audi kit is called do you?

I've also got the same cracked pipe as shown in Danielk5787 photo, and I've been debating whether to replace all breather pips, or do catch can job (or without can).
  11. Danielk5787

Danielk5787 Member

[Aug 12, 2014]
    Right iv reconnected the servo, and blocked underneath the inlet iv uncoupled the t junction but not blocked it yet but the car is running fine? Could it be ok left like this as I'm stuck for something to block it with? Could pcv be jammed shut?