Is Audi False Advertising?

just017

Reaction score
Well, i've got my MOT with Audi on Wednesday, and i saw that they had either a free MOT, or pay £35 and have MOT protection, meaning they effectively 'insure' and mechanical problems up to the value of £750 (inc VAT).

'If your Audi is more than three years old, it must undergo an MOT every year. As an Audi owner you can now benefit from having your next test carried out for free. So you can sit back and relax while we take care of your MOT.

Alternatively, you can choose to upgrade to receive free MOT Protection if you pay £49.99 for your MOT test. It means we'll cover the cost of any necessary repair work for up to £750 (inc VAT) if your car doesn't pass its MOT test. *'

Now, i thought paying £35 would deffinately be the more sensible option, but Audi are saying to me, i pay the £35 this year and if anything fails this year i have to pay, but next year i get the cover. Now from the Audi website, as quoted above, that is not what they are saying.

What you guys think?

Don't you mean £49.99???

Anyway, sounds too good to be true doesn't it?!??!?

Just had a look at the terms and conditions and the things not covered are:
Worn brakes
Tyres/Wheels
Bulbs/fuses/wiring
Bodywork/glass
Exhaust system
Tuning cleaning
First £10 of any repair
MOT test and re-test

Also, vehicle has to be:
1) Less than 7 years old
2) Done less than 100k miles
3) Serviced in line with manufacturer's guidelines
3) And here is the dodgy bit... your car has to have just passed an MOT test.... OR be less than three years old but within 3 months of needing it's first MOT... OR be between 3 and 7 years old with the last MOT being carried out less than 6 months ago.

Sources - http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/...owners_area/Audi_Servicing_.Par.0068.File.pdf
http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/owners_area.Par.0018.File.pdf

Sounds a bit of a mine field if you ask me!!
But can't see any mention of paying for repair of failures this time round and then getting the cover for next year's MOT.

MOT around here costs at least £40, so might be worth risking it for the extra tenner, and if audi go on funny then just go elsewhere to get the work done which they would have already informed you needs doing.

Last edited:
I think it used to be £49.99, at the minute they are saying its £35.

But what they're saying is that if i pay for the MOT protection tomorrow (when my MOT is) the cover doesn't start for 6months, which basically means its the next years MOT when i'm covered. They said if i rang them up 6 months ago (half way between MOTs and took out protection for this MOT, i would have been elligible.

I'm not going to mention anything when i take it in, let them find some things wrong, (which i think there may be) and then take a print out of that screen and argue my point.