Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Easy

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Very Easy

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Audi Dynamik

Reaction score
Hi i would like your opinion on a poll of how easy/hard a VCDS is too use.

VCDS has a variety of functions. The ease of use I think is more down to what each individuals knowledge of the elements of the program. I have never used VCDS before I used mine, but found it incredibly easy to scan for faults and reset them, and with good instructions available online anyone who is confident enough to go further into their cars settings I cant see it being much more difficult

Exactly, all comes down to the level of technical ability, but I have had some clients who have admitted to being totally illiterate with pc's & never had them comeback with an issue using vcds.

Logic & common sense denotes things tbh, but overall its easy to use for basic things & as you become more aware of the abilities, you learn how to use more functions which become easier aswell, for overall it gets an easy vote from me.

Agree with the above. An important rule is before you make any changes, take a note of the previous setting!

Agree with the above. An important rule is before you make any changes, take a note of the previous setting!

The easiest way to do this is to save a scan before changing ANYTHING, all the codes will then be stored if you mess anything up or introduce a DTC.

Basic DTC scans are easy, as are long code changing, it then gets a bit more complex if you need to change the codes via the binary or the long code itself.

It’s not rocket science…. just make sure you do your homework 1st.

As i said earlier its very much down to research and careful use. I have done a few scans of my car now and sorted at least 3/4 of the problems I had. A simple search of the forum and google has meant that I have activated the lock alarm chirp on my car with no hassle at all with no previous knowledge VCDS. I must commend Ross-Tech on their fantastic product which has certainly developed the VAG community