1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod to Concert or Aftermarket H/U?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Blackcupraa, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member

Hi Guys,

I have a 1999 S3 1.8T and was recently given a 1st gen iPod.

I'm looking to use this with either the standard Concert unit (Concert 2? As it has the 6 disc changer in the boot) or an Aftermarket H/U.

Having looked at the xCarlins etc i'm not overly happy with reviews i've read of them, especially considering the price of them.

Would I be best to get an aftermarket H/U (with a rear USB connector) so I can just stick the iPod in the glovebox and forget about it, or is there another way of doing things that i've overlooked?
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Dension/connects2 is another route
  3. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member

The connects2 doesn't appeal as it doesn't use the Charging port of the iPod, the reason I was given it, is due to it not holding charge for more than an hour so would like to keep it permanently connected.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

The connects2 I used years ago used the main port for everything iirc, so should be fine unless they've chnaged to a different system with headphone jack now, but cant imagine so.
  5. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member

So they do! How did you find the sound and general useability of the Connects2 system? Can you control the iPod via the standard H/U?
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

It was a while back when I had my S3 tbh mate, but yes it was controllable via ipod, it may have gone forward/backward tracks, but ideally fit with easy access to see tracks & select on ipod itself.