1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Lead in Glove box- ditching Audi concert stereo

S3_DAVE Jan 25, 2014

1. S3_DAVE

S3_DAVE Active Member

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

I am ditching my standard Audi concert stereo and replacing it with my alpine head unit.

My question is, is there a tidy way of running my iPod connection into the glove box so as it is all hidden. I have taken a look and there doesn't appear to be any grommets etc.

Does it mean I have to cut a hole?

Any help appreciated

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. SoljahofSensi

SoljahofSensi Member

On mine, it comes out next to the glovebox light, when you take the light out you already have a hole to pop it through but the light won't go back in so i drilled a hole on the corner of the precut hole so the wire comes out next to it and the light sits back in flush.

3. Ian2012

Ian2012 Active Member

i have tucked mine down by the little shelf under the glovebox right next to the centre console and i pull it out when i want to use it

4. drewman

drewman Member

I had my glovebox out repairing the hinges and took this oppourtunity to cut a hole down the bottom right and slotted my ipod lead in that way. Tidy solution.

5. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Well-Known Member

I ran a cable up into the arm rest... Quite pleased with the result if I'm honest :happy:

[​IMG]

6. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

I really need an armrest.....

7. S3_DAVE

S3_DAVE Active Member

Thanks for all of your replies :)

Me two :(

8. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Well-Known Member