iPod kit with Parrot suggestions

Mike12421

Reaction score
Hello all, it's been a while since I was here last, but I need your help.

I have a 56-plate, Audi A3 Sportback, 2.0tdi. As you can see from the twopictures below, I have a "Symphony 6-CD player" (I'm sorry, I don't know anything more about it until my radio keys arrive and I can check the back) and a "Parrot3200 LS" handsfree Bluetooth kit.

The CD player constantly skips tracks when I attempt to use it, but to behonest I'm not really after fixing it, as I really want to use the money to buy an "iPod kit". Something where I can connect an iPod up to it and may be have in the glovebox (I'm open to any ideas - in my armrest maybe), and use the CD player to play the tracks.

I have looked around this forum, and the "Dension Gateway 100 and 300" are mentioned a lot. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

My main and only concern is that the "iPod kit" does not interfere with the use of the Parrot, and when I receive and make calls, the music is paused as when I'm ordinarily listening to the CD player. I have read that when the Dension is connected the 6-CD changed is lost, this is not a problem, however I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything else.

I am hoping to have whatever is needed to be done withing the next few days as I am driving to Spain and would love to have my iPod with me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I'll be completely led bywhatever is advised.

Thanks.

photo1rq.jpg

photo2td.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by updating my post, but my keys arrived and so with a little messing around I was able to slide the unit out.

The pictures show what I found at the back. Can anyone say if I should be problem free if I attempted to install a Dension Lite iPod unit to this lot, as I really want to feed through the iPod cable down to my centre armrest where I will connect my iPod.

Thanks again.

photo1ndd.jpg

photo2dh.jpg

photo3aus.jpg

You shouldn't have a problem at all mate.

In my old 06 A3 with the same Symphony II unit you have, I had a Parrot CK3000 Evolution with Multicann and Dension Icelink installed.
As the CD Changer is not external, you won't lose functionality.
To operate, you press the CDC button a second time and it flicks over to the Dension unit (from the changer).

Yes, the Dension will still mute when you receive a phone call on the Parrot, no different than listening to a CD or the radio.

The way the Dension connects is buy fitting a piggy back wire system between the stereo unit and the factory wires - the factory wires connect to the adapter and then you plug the adapter into the stereo points.

I ran the same set-up in my old B6 A4 with a Chorus unit.

Great, not too expensive set-up that I was really happy with for the 6 years that I ran it.

Hi, that's great thanks! I've just ordered one now, I can't wait for it to arrive and get to work installing it!

Thanks again!

I've got the Audi Ipod kit in mine with a parrt kit, the lower model than that, It requried to slpice into the loom for the multichanger, its works fine.