1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod Interface problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by s3_kev, Nov 2, 2013.

1. s3_kev

s3_kev Stage2'd!!!!!!

[Nov 2, 2013]
    Since owning my 2007 S3 with Concert stereo and ipod interface in the glove box I've had connection issues with the ipod to interface, so I just decided to remove the interface and have a gander at whats going on, I stripped the whole interface down and with the ipod connected to it whilst stripped down it worked ok so theres a problem within the interface when rebuilt (I think the connection is restricted by the plastic housings)
    So looks like I'm in need of a new interface! but do I buy a genuine replacement interface or can I get either a genuine upgraded interface or aftermarket? I use my ipod touch 1st or 2nd generation think it is in the car atm but if I could use my iphone 5 and get an interface to use as handsfree also would be even better?

failing all that and I just buy a replacement OE interface can I buy the ipod adapter inserts from Audi? as my S3 didn't come with them (probably the reason the interface connections so poor!)

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2013]
    Just buy an extension lead to get around the connection problem, as the trays etc they use are shxt on this model which tbh is also shxt & let the ipod sit in the bottom of the glovebox.

Ultimate solution would be mk2 rns-e & ami which would give you allot better control & systems, but these are costly, albeit good :)