iPod dock

gcon45

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have an 8P S3 (2008) with an iPod dock.

I use my iPhone 5 as my sat nav and I'd like to be able to charge it and listen to music (if possible).

My windscreen mount is to the right hand side of the steering wheel.

What would be the best way to extend and utilise the iPod dock from the glovebox?

I was thinking of feeding a female 30 pin socket to male lightning cable to the driver's A pillar but I don't think such a cable exists and if it does, there's no guarantee that it will transfer audio.

Any thoughts?

As s8graig posted ..don't think it's possible ... My connection don't support io5 charging

Oh dear. Beyond useless then!

Any recommendations as to fitting an A pillar based charging point then?

I've been toying with the idea of insetting one of the little Belkin micro USB chargers and hardwiring it to a switched 12v source.

The cigarette lighter socket in the centre console isn't viable as it's constantly on.

Last edited:
A client recently tasked me while doing a large install, with fitting a switched power feed for his small camera warning system, so I wired down through the dashtop small vent which is directly above the fuse box, fitted a proper factory wired fuse point via spare slot out of 1-11, then bonded the charging unit onto the top of the vent which still allowed air out no problem, was invisible & perfectly working, when he removes he can replace the vent insert for next to nothing.

You'd need a dremel to cut a hole upwards through the air channel, run wire through & seal the hole shut so as to maintain the air system as before & a repair wire for the fuse point, plus solder & heatshrink.

This is to maintain a nice stealth & oem as best look as possible.

Reactions: gcon45
My dock charges my iphone in the glove box. I bought the charger adaptor off ebay for £6 and an extention cable. All works fine

Hi Avnt

I could use this modification. Could you supply us with a link to the item or the search criteria you used when searching eBay for it please?

17 Core 30 Pin Dock Extender Extension Data Cable Lead F Apple iPhone iPad iPod

Im sure the adaptor i just searched iphone 12v-5v adaptor