1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod cradles

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DJ-S3, Dec 12, 2011.

1. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Active Member

Hi there, i've been looking on flea bay but can't seem to find any cradles for my original ipod docking in my S3 8P. Just wondering where you guys and girls got yours from?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Active Member

Guessing no-one listens to their ipods or iphones throught the docking in the glove box??

4. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I do mate...but through the 2011 MMI plug on the black Edition so not much use to you.

5. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Same - use the AMI system which has a tray for the iPod and a flying cable to connect rather than a dock you plug it into. Did once have a loaner with the dock you mention but don't know what adapters they do for them I'm afraid, sorry.

#4 Vertigo1, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  6. SWILKO

SWILKO Member

Hi.

I use mine but what I did was buy an extension lead for £4 and use this to plug my ipod into. It also overcomes the non charging issue for newer ipods. I bought the Audi cradles from Audi, they are about £14, but found them pretty ****.

The lead solves the problem in my opinion.

Hope this helps....

7. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Active Member

Cheers guys. SWILKO are they really useless? I just want them to hold the ipod/iphone in place properly so it doesn't wobble about in there and fall out. Plus it looks like it's ruining the connections. Where did you get the extension lead from? And is the glove box open with this lead?

8. SWILKO

SWILKO Member

Hi DJ.

The interface is OK but I felt it was a bit of overkill. I had an ipod touch in mine. I bought the cradles but none of them fitted as Audi subsequently told me that they dont make a cradle for the ipod touch. The cradles from Audi come in a bag and there are about 5 of them, for various types of pod. The good thing about using the lead is that you dont have to faff about trying to plug your ipod intonthe interface and it also overcomes ge charging issue if you have a newer type pod.

The pod just sits the the glove box and does not have any difficulty functioning. Best go to Amazon for the lead if you are interested.

Proxima® Black Dock Extension Cable for iPhone 4 3GS 3G: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

9. gary3306

gary3306 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Don't know what iPhone you have, but if it's a 4 OR 4S, then the audi part number is; 8T0 051 435F

10. brough74

brough74 Member

What type of Ipod have you ? Ive got an old nano which works perfectly but i think ive got some spares in the garage as my car came with a bag full of bits for it. I will have a ratch if you want ?

11. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Active Member

Cheers SWILKO.

I don't as yet have a iphone :( but the other half has a ipod touch and it's so much easier listening to that than burning cds every week. My contract is up middle of next year and hopefully by then the iphone 5 will be out. Might just be me dreaming but i can dream. Ha.

brough74, cheers for that but there's no need to be rooting through all your stuff, was just wondering what everyone was using as i couldn't seem to find any anywhere. Looks like it's a wire or calling into Audi. Might just see if i can last 5-6month for my contract renual.