Ipod connection

kitsang

Reaction score
ive just invested in a ipod classic cause my car has the audi ipod connection fitted. After loading some songs on to the ipod and pluggin it in my car it dont seem to be doing anything. Am i doing something wrong or isn't my ipod compatible with the adapter?? :confused:

Put the headunit into CD mode and press buttons 1 to 6 to access the first 6 playlists on your ipod.

HTH

ipod classic is fine...as John said and you got the ipod cable or the dock in the glove box??

Good point, I forgot about the aux in plug next to the cigarette lighter. :ohmy:

you still have to press cd though dont you, as you said for the aux??

i have got the dock in the glovebox. do i have to make the playlist first b4 i plug it in to make it play? the ipod connects to the dock fine but nothing happens on the headunit?? any ideas??

According to my colleague ( A3 / Ipod dock / nano ) he just presses CD on the HU.
He doesn't even know how to make a playlist on his Nano!

Good news just got it to work. Forgot to take some cd's out. "wot a dumbass" Thanks for all your help guys.

oh, so it doesnt work on ipod if theres a cd in?? Interesting!

IIRC if you press CD twice it switches from the CDs to the iPod (or external CD changer).

oh, so it doesnt work on ipod if theres a cd in?? Interesting!

It does. Mine has the SAT NAV cd in the front, If I found I couldn't use the sat nav whilst listening to the ipod there'd be HELL to pay ;)

yeah. I thought it worked with a CD in as I seemed to remember seeing it cycle thru the option...

Cheers.