Ipod connection to Symphony 6c d stereo

Longstride83

Reaction score
I have just picked up a march 08 A4 2.0 TDI se and need to connect up my ipod. Does anyone know the best way to do this? I dont care if i lose my cd changer, i would prefer to be able to control the ipod through the stering wheel and the screen.

If anyone can guid eme in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Hello :) if you look in your glove box there might be a little box on the top saying audi music interface on it ? like this
I-Pod-Linked.jpg

Last edited:
or a little plug on the side of the glove box (inside) you plug a wire into their and slip your i pod into the net which is attached to the(roof) top of the glovebox (inside the glovebox) then it will start playing in media on your car, you can select your different songs through the steering wheel button which displays on the screen right infront of you.

Last edited:
if you have the little plug then you can get 2 wires, they both plug into the plug but one has the end which you can plug into your i phone/ipod and another wire which plugs into the socket with a usb plug on the end so you can plug your usb on it with music on :)
You can buy these wires from audi or you can buy them off ebay, but make sure they are genuine Audi ones because i once picked up a cheap one for my BMW and it wasn't right, well it worked but it was abit dogey. :L also in your glove box is that little compartment underneath the Audi music interface shown in the photo above it is a little section for an Audi torch to slot into, they are around £25 blue led but light and small but unbelieveably bright !
I hope i have helped you out :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. There are no plugs anywhere.

I have found out that i have the Audi infotainment system on a symphony radio with an SD card slot with the B&O speakers. It puzzles me why you would upgrade the speakers and not have AMI.

I have made some calls and have been repetedly told i need a new head unit ( one which has a CD/Media button over a CD/SD button) then there is the AMI Ipod connection for it.

Has anyone dealt with Hazydayz before??

i suppose the speakers will be for the cd changer and radio and sd from the previous owner i guess :p

I have media / cd button on mine, but as far as I know, no ipod connection. I do have SD card and aux in though.

Today the guys from Hazydaz Home - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK came to me and put in a Symphony head unit with media button,6 disc changer and sd card slot which then enabled them to install the AMI Ipod connection. I am now able to see my ipod on the screen and on the dash,its all controlled of the wheel to. Great installation and reasonably quick too. Highly recomended.