1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod connection an ipod nano??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by skooby, Oct 26, 2006.

1. skooby

skooby Member

as the title suggests i am getting an A3 with the ipod connection and was wondering if the nano (old and new) will connect/fit to it.

i have not seen the ipod connector (pix would be great thnaks) so does it hold the nan in place without it rateling about.

thanks Skooby
  2. icenutter

icenutter Member

If you look on www.vagparts.com under 'Aladdins's Cave' then you can see a photo of one. I don't know if they come with a dock, or just a plug like the one on the usb lead, so if you fitted it yourself it would be loose in the car.

Nothing to stop you fitting a dock to the end though.
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I'm sure that the factory fit unit holds the iPod captive in some kind of holder. Hopefully someone with one can post a picture or two ;)
  4. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

5. skooby

skooby Member

thanks for the ifo and pix.

my germans not that good but it does adapter for nano so im ok there.

thanks skooby
  6. stratos

stratos Member

Just been into the dealer for a letch and they have an RS4 Cab in the showroom with the ipod thingy in. Small built in cut out section size of the cd holder at the top of the glovebox which the ipod lays horizontally in. The connector is in the middle at the back.
    In the glovebox was a plastic bag with 3 or else 4 plastic shrouds of varying sizes, one for the bigger Ipod, one which I assume is for the Nano and some others. Dont know if they are for the old Ipod/Mini or the new shape Nano.
    Looks quite a solid fitting though.
  7. andrewr

andrewr New Member

I have an ipod nano with the factory fit. No problems here. All good in fact :) Just wish they remembered I wanted the CD player installed. Now the waiting game.
  8. skooby

skooby Member

well as i dont have an ipod but wanted a nano for the car i now find out that the nano has been redesigned and is now smaller or thinner so wil the new ine fit or is there another adapter i can get to make it fit.

dont wan to buy a full size one as the cost for and id never use it outside the car.

skooby
  9. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

10. skooby

skooby Member

JohnS3

thanks for that link...just cheked the new nano spec and it say it come with a dock adapter so that should work with audi dock.

bloody shops ask yesterday about the new nano fitting in a dock and they said it wouldnt but apple will later bring out an adapter.

skooby