1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod compatibility

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by faisal_16, Feb 10, 2013.

1. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

Hi guys,

I know this has been touched on but I was hoping for a definitive answer.

I should be getting my car next month and I want to buy an iPod specifically for it. I don't want to buy the latest touch unless I have to as I won't make use of any of the features.

Can anyone confirm if the 4th gen iPod touch will support full integration, i.e. album artwork, videos, etc?

I have spec'd the tech pack if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
  2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

I have the tech pack and my 3rd gen iPod Touch works perfectly with all album artwork. Don't think you can play videos from any attached iPod though.

4th gen one should thus be fine but I'd stay clear of a 5th gen as it'll have the Lightning connector so you'd have to use an adapter and I've yet to see anyone say definitively whether or to what extent that works with the AMI.

The iPod Touch is a very neat solution as it just slots into the little net pocket on the side of the storage area under the armrest :)
  3. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

Brilliant, just what I wanted to hear, thanks!

I have an iPhone 5 so asked about the lightning connector. My dealer said they'd used the adaptor with the red collar cable and everything worked as it should. They didn't have the adapter while I was there so I've not seen it working myself.
  4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

The main concern with the Lightning adapter was that it didn't support "iPod Out" but, as no-one was entirely sure whether the AMI used this, they couldn't say for sure whether it'd be a problem.