1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod adator for A3

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by samuelt, Sep 21, 2008.

1. samuelt

samuelt Member

hi all

I have a 2006 A3 with the Concert CD player fitted, i am looking for a good Ipod adaptor for this radio. Will the adaptor let me see the track names/album on the display?

thanks
  2. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

There is no such product. The Ipod interfaces all use the CD changer port and it does not support CD text.
  3. zack1uk

zack1uk New Member

You could check out the Harmon Kardon Drive+Play. Big pockets and SVP were doing them for £23 recently. I have one in my new A3 and it works superbly with my iphone. It shows track / artist / album / playlists on its own lcd screen.

Mine connects via the 3.5mm port in the centre console. I don't know if yours has that but it can also connect to the headunit, via FM transmitter (built in but like all such devices it isn't very good sound quality), a an optional hardwired FM modulator (plugs into aerial socket with an aerial passthrough - better) or via phono pre ins into the back of the headunit (best if you have them, or any kind of pre-in so you can make up an adapter).