1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPOD adapters

Grovester Jan 4, 2007

1. Grovester

Grovester New Member

I have a new Audi A3 with the factory fitted Ipod connection in the glove box. I have the latest Ipod 30GB.

It came with 2 adapters, both of which are for the narrower ipods e.g. nano.

As there is no adpater I have plugged my Ipod into the glove box docking but although it connects and works it doesn't seem right as there is a lot of movement.

Do you think I am mising an adapter?

2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

Yes from the sounds of it. The last time I was down at my audi dealer I was sat in a demo with the ipod adaptor fitted and in the glove box was a box of around half adozen adaptors for the various ipods.

J.

3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I should get my new car in the next few days. I went for the iPod option so I'll be able to tell you how many adaptors come with it. Stay tuned.....

4. Grovester

Grovester New Member

Thanks for the help. I got 3 adapters with mine so I'll be interested to see how many you get.

I asked the stealer and he said 'I think' it's ok as it is. I don't like the fact that there is a lot of movement (especially for £175 or whatever it was).

5. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

I think it should fit exactly, otherwise you may aswell have the dealer fit option for £100 which only defining difference is no adapters.

I have the dealer fit option which is just a long cable. However, it is going in next week because it never plays for more than 10mins without locking/freezing up for one or two seconds in the middle of songs . I bet they can't reproduce it at the dealers...

6. Grovester

Grovester New Member

Thanks. Always difficult convincing the dealer that there is something missing.

7. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member