1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPOD adapters

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Grovester, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Grovester

Grovester New Member

I have a new Audi A3 with the factory fitted Ipod connection in the glove box. I have the latest Ipod 30GB.

It came with 2 adapters, both of which are for the narrower ipods e.g. nano.

As there is no adpater I have plugged my Ipod into the glove box docking but although it connects and works it doesn't seem right as there is a lot of movement.

Do you think I am mising an adapter?
  2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Yes from the sounds of it. The last time I was down at my audi dealer I was sat in a demo with the ipod adaptor fitted and in the glove box was a box of around half adozen adaptors for the various ipods.

J.
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I should get my new car in the next few days. I went for the iPod option so I'll be able to tell you how many adaptors come with it. Stay tuned.....
  4. Grovester

Grovester New Member

Thanks for the help. I got 3 adapters with mine so I'll be interested to see how many you get.

I asked the stealer and he said 'I think' it's ok as it is. I don't like the fact that there is a lot of movement (especially for £175 or whatever it was).
  5. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

I think it should fit exactly, otherwise you may aswell have the dealer fit option for £100 which only defining difference is no adapters.

I have the dealer fit option which is just a long cable. However, it is going in next week because it never plays for more than 10mins without locking/freezing up for one or two seconds in the middle of songs . I bet they can't reproduce it at the dealers...
  6. Grovester

Grovester New Member

Thanks. Always difficult convincing the dealer that there is something missing.
  7. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member