ipod adapter...HELP!

niki176

Reaction score
hi there im new to this site and just want a bit of advice i have an audi a3 2006 tdi sport it has the original concert stereo in it and i purchased a ipod adapter from audi but got a freind to fit as audi prices were ridiculous,it all works fine but is a lot quieter than when playing cds or the radio and is not as good a quality, i thopught as it was a genuine audi part in a genuine audi stereo would sound excatly the same but you need it on alot louder than a cd an the quality is lost,can somebody please tell me if this had been fitted wrong or that is how it should be???? also doent charge my iphone no problem just wondered if it should, and last thing when i stop car get out go back to car put stereo on it never goes back onto ipod always radio,dont know if these are linked some advice would be very appreciated befrore i go back to who fitted it,Nicola

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nicola, welcome tithe forum. Mine (before it just stopped working!) was considerably quieter than a cd or radio, so I assume this to be normal. Make sure you have the eq settings turned off on your iPod, that should improve sound quality.

i had one of these fitted in my 2006 a3 when i had 1 but i bought it off ebay and fitted it myself and the sound was just as good if not louder than the cd, also mine would not charge my iphone until i bought an adaptor to put on the end of the wire.

I've got the iPod adapter (which was factory fitted) and the volume is pretty similar to the radio or CD - the quality is fine also. Mine remembers that it was on iPod when I restart the car, and the only thing it doesn't do is remember which song it was last playing (sometimes it does, but not often - could be my iPod at fault and I haven't got round to trying another one)

tithe forum.

Thats a nice welcome lmfao.

Please be specific about which ipod adapter as audi do a few & it maybe an aftermarket version that audi supplied, pics or part number please.

Depending on the adapter, it may indeed not charge the iphone as some kits came out before the iphone & apple were kind enough to swap some charging pins around early on, hence why you use an adapter for this.