1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone4 to RNSe

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Shane-Ireland, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Shane-Ireland

Shane-Ireland Member

[Jan 22, 2011]
    Guys looking for a way to connect my iPhone 4 to my RNS e anyone have any experience of interfaces they have bought?

Came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-iPod-iPhone-Interface-Adaptor-Audi-A3-A4-A6-A8-TT-/200562749011?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item2eb278ae53 no screen shots of what the user interface is like when connected to an RNS but seems like it could be a useful bit of kit esp when combined with the optional Blue tooth.

Opinions?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

[Jan 22, 2011]
    Your link don't work. Keeps sending me back to main forum page.

Just me or does it happen to everyone else ?
  4. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Jan 22, 2011]
    Link is duff should be Car iPod iPhone Interface Adaptor - Audi A3 A4 A6 A8 TT on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 16:25:20 GMT)

This interface uses the standard CD Changer interface so not the best way of navigating your tunes.

There is an Alpine RNS-E iPod/iPhone solution that will give a full video user interface of your iPod/iPhone on the RNS-E - quite expensive (see HazzyDayz)!

I use an RNS-E video multimedia interface which gets the audio and video into the RNS-E via the TV source - I have also VIM hacked my RNS-E so can have videos up on the RNS-E screen.
    ALL the video/music selection controls are via the iPhone/iPod unit. I think this is a reasonable cost effective compromise - most of the time I listen to the radio or use the SD cards for MP3's. I have added a iPhone 4G compatible cigarette charger under dash to feed the USB portion of the video lead going to the iPhone - my old iPod/3G audio/video lead was not compatible with the iPhone 4G.

NOTE: The iPhone 4G and 3GS use a different charging signalling method than older iPhones and iPods - you may find that "older" interfaces do not charge your iPhone 4G/3GS when plugged in. Check this with the supplier of the respective unit.