1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone Cradle holder thingy

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by eugegall, Aug 3, 2010.

1. eugegall

eugegall Member

Hi All i have a phone cradle thingy on the dash.

My question is this. Is there a product i can buy for my iPhone that will charge, work for the phone call through the speakers and play iPod through speakers. All in 1 cradle?

If not what is the alternate?

Thank you
  2. ollyhawkeye

ollyhawkeye Member

I have the audi ipod kit in the glove box and this does all of the above. I also have the bluetooth phone prep as oppose to the cradle.

Not sure if there are any alternatives.

Olly
  3. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

The TomTom cradle is what I use, works better than others i've tried and very very sturdy over bumps etc. Mine is hard wired in behind the dash to give it power and also to the aux in at the back of the headunit

Expensive compared with some but with all the functionality it brings it's well worth it IMO.

Here's a photo (the cable is now tidied away behind the dash since this picture was taken)

[​IMG]
  4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

If it's the original Audi phone prep mount then yes, you can get an iPhone adapter for it which will charge the handset and use the sharkfin aerial. The phone itself still connects to the car via Bluetooth. It won't let you access the music on the phone though.
  5. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

I have one on my dash.

The first thing I want to do is take a

[​IMG]

I just need to work out what to do with the sh1tty holes that will be left in my dash.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Back on topic, yeah you can get a face plate to fit your phone :)
  6. shilts

shilts Member

Hi ,what alternatives are there to holding an ipod / iphone other than on the screen ? I wish to play ipod through aux socket but don't know the best place to 'hold' it . Fitting it to screen would i think involve quite a length of unsightly cable , any suggestions would be much appreciated , thanks .
  7. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

See above, post No.3
  8. shilts

shilts Member

Cheers , just didn't know whether or not it was possible to mount it anyhow around the centre console area as opposed to the screen and feed the headunit via the aux socket in the centre console , thanks .