iPhone conectivity

Ianski68

Reaction score
this is my cars stereo what is the best way to be able to connect my I phone to play music?

Thoughts please

yep, same as mine, there are a fair few options available but cant recall at present what is involved, do you have any other type of connectivty, mfsw etc, blue tooth setup.
I keep meaning to get mine sorted out but other things crop up and it gets put on the back burners until a later date.

It will connect to my phone via BT. Steering wheel control enables phone directory and call facility.

well thats a good start then that you have BT connectivity and mfsw operations to your phone, i think thats half the battle allready.

Unfortunately the Audi BT is no go for streaming music, it just cant do it, I have bypassed the factory BT and went with a Dension Pro BT, it still utilises the DIS and the steering controls and also allows the phone to be connected via Bluetooth or hard wired.
http://www.dension.com/

Unfortunately the Audi BT is no go for streaming music, it just cant do it, I have bypassed the factory BT and went with a Dension Pro BT, it still utilises the DIS and the steering controls and also allows the phone to be connected via Bluetooth or hard wired.
http://www.dension.com/
A couple of questions about your post!
1 how do you bye pass the cars built in BT?
2 Did you install the new device yourself or a job for a pro?
3 Is it expensive?
4 Does it work well?

Thanks

Im pretty sure it's just a case of not pairing the phone to the factory Bluetooth and instead pair it to the Dension. Installation was simple, it's a plug a play device, everything plugged into the factory loom, no cutting was required, the hardest part was running the microphone cable to my required position. Price wise it's about £160 and yes it works well, phone wise it appears to be more stable than the old factory BT, I don't recall it ever dropping its signal, music wise it can be controlled from ether the phone or the MFSW as can the phone functions

can you use the dension without the factory BT fitted, my setup is BT less, but i would like to use my 4s with the current audi setup, inc mfsw control etc, if so chap , what is the best model to use.

Yeah, you don't need the factory BT at all, it will work fine with the MFSW, I use the Gateway Pro BT, I think the Gateway Lite may also be an option

Im pretty sure it's just a case of not pairing the phone to the factory Bluetooth and instead pair it to the Dension. Installation was simple, it's a plug a play device, everything plugged into the factory loom, no cutting was required, the hardest part was running the microphone cable to my required position. Price wise it's about £160 and yes it works well, phone wise it appears to be more stable than the old factory BT, I don't recall it ever dropping its signal, music wise it can be controlled from ether the phone or the MFSW as can the phone functions

OMG. Lol don't pair the device. What a Derrrr I am. Obvious. . It all sound good to me. So where did you place the microphone.

thanks for that chap, i'll have a look on amazon to see what is available then.
cheers again
rob

Reactions: Euans2
OMG. Lol don't pair the device. What a Derrrr I am. Obvious. . It all sound good to me. So where did you place the microphone.

I placed mines in the light console in the roof, not sure if that's a great place to put it in a cab though

Yeah I installed it myself and yeah I find it user friendly although I tend to use the phone instead of the steering wheel functions as mines is also hard wired into the dash

when you say hard wired into dash, can you expand a bit chap, is that your phone or the dension kit, and do you have full function from the mfsw over the phone control or is it just basic function.
rob