Iphone, AMI, Speed camera database

Brett Butler

Reaction score
Website
www,brettbutler.co.uk
Had a thought

Anyone with an Iphone and some sat nav software IE Tom tom, Co pilot, that has the Speed Camera Data bases. with AMI.

Here is the Question, if you are playing mp3's on your iphone, connected to AMI, and listening to them on car MMI, can the Iphone run the sat nav software with speed camera database in the background, and when a speed camera alert goes off it makes the alert sound though the MMi system.

Hope you are understanding what I am trying to get at.

Not even sure Iphone will run the sat nav software while playing itunes?

You can multitask with iPhone SW 4 due in the summer.

Give it a try, fire up some tunes and try to run say the maps application. Does it work?

Heh, I would have, but I don't have tom tom or Co pilot on iphone, it is on my windows phone, hmm wonder if there is a lead to add that to the AMI? hence why I was hoping somoene else could try it for me, if it did work I would have gone out and bought the app for iphone

Actually you can run the iPod app in the background on OS3. If you fire up the iPod app and put your playlist on then press the home button it will continue to play, then fire up tomtom app and bobs your uncle, if you want to go back to the iPod app just double click the home button and your iPod controls show up...

u shpuld be able to run music in the background
another program u can use is cams ahoy... its only like 59p and fantastic for pulling up cams and gets monthly updates

Well I have an iPhone, dension gateway 100 and tomtom on my iPhone... I'll try it for you on my way home.

pocket gps used to allow the data base for free once upon a time pretty sure they charge for it now, though not sure how much it is or the app

Thanks just checked the app pocket GPS, a steal at .59p, can try myself when I get 5 mins

Last edited: