Facelift iPhone 8 Plus - Fit in A3/S3 Wireless Phonebox?

well_cool

Reaction score
Dimensions seems to be very borderline - anyone got an 8 Plus and if so can advise if it fits in the Phonebox under the armrest?

It only just fits, if you get a large case then it wont.

Thanks. So without a case it fits in flat and makes contact with the Qi section, so wireless charges?

yeah, i've got a really slim case and it still fits and charges with the Qi section

Bit of an oversight on Audi part IMO with phones becoming bigger. I wonder if the iPhone X fits? I assume its the same size as the 8 plus?

Bit of an oversight on Audi part IMO with phones becoming bigger. I wonder if the iPhone X fits? I assume its the same size as the 8 plus?
The iPhone X is marginally bigger than the standard iPhone 8 so there will be plenty of room.

8 plus doesn't fit well with a case, without it being at a stupid angle.

Hmm... I presume the size of the box is the same on both the PFL and FL?

iPhone 8 Plus with a case, it doesn't quite fit flat the entire way although you can still use the wireless charging:
Ch21rhO.jpg

Nope, iPhone X is smaller than the 8 Plus. It’s about the same size as the IPhone 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have tech pack high on the PFL you can just fit your own QI pad via usb
Are you sure about this?

I don’t think there is enough power in the MMI USB to power up a plug in Q pad. Audi’s own Q pad is not recommended for in car USB use.