1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5S / MMI Dictate Text

archienorman11 Feb 16, 2014

1. archienorman11

archienorman11 New Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to dictate text messages with iPhone 5S?

2. snowfree52

snowfree52 Full LED baby !

would be interested too, I don't think it's possible

it seems only android can do it !

3. pat15312

pat15312 Well-Known Member

Nope, not possible. iPhone 5 connects to the Audi using a basic handsfree bluetooth profile which includes A2DP for streaming music.

4. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User Black Edition

Siri?

5. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

I thought the later iPhones supported the Message Access Protocol? Obviously not :/

6. AL_B

AL_B Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Bit of a thread revival.

Doesn't seem like this is possible with the iPhone 6S either (iOS 10.3.1) and connecting to a FL S3.

Unless someone knows different.

I normally use Siri via CarPlay, but just thought I'd try the built in MMI system. Found it doesn't work. It will read them, but can't dictate.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  7. Ormesome

Ormesome Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi A3 TDi

If you have a 6S or 7 then you dont need the MMI to read out the messages! Just say "hey siri" and say "read my messages" Siri works via the bluetooth connection thus over the speaker. If you have a 6 then you need to press down the home button but this is now illegal. I have the lowest possible MMI and becuase of "hey Siri" my MMI can do most of what the more advanced MMI systems can.

The guys above were commenting from 2014 so Hey Siri wasnt available then but if you search thread for this command then lots will come up about it, mostly from me as most people seem unaware bout it.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Rob2k68, AL_B and Reggieboy71 like this.