iPhone 4...

Never had an issue with the Avant's BT/RNS-E setup in my B7 A4 . . . for any phone, inc 3G and 3GS iPhone.

Has to be an Audi issue? Have you tried other cars with the same setup?

my previous a3 didnt have b'tooth so i fitted a parrot kit and they worked great.

I have been told by two audi dealers that audi only "guarantee" that the iphone 3 works, the one before the one before the 3gs? I checked on their website a while back and sure enough they only state that the iphone 3 will work without any glitches.

They told me stories of guys buying brand new a3 for £27,000 and after working flawlessly for 6 months their 3gs and the car fall out and don't work together. there is nothing anyone can do!

Just concerned that a new more advanced phone will be far too advanded for the car to handle!

i dont think ill get an iphone 4 on trial

AFAIK, no issues with the R8 either, but I don't exactly drive that often.

It works with my 3GS so I would keep hasseling them personally.

Some O2 customers have been able to pre-order the phone and have it shipped to their address on 24th. Which I think is disgusting service as they've only allowed a certain amount to do this. Totally unfair as they are not allowing this anymore. Talk about continuity of customer service.

For the rest of us, we have to visit a store where it's first come first served, based on being an existing O2 customer, if you are new then you can't get it. Limited stocks to begin with means if you don't finish work until 4pm how the hell are you supposed to get one when they'll all be gone by that time of the day!

Infuriating.

G

True. But I suddenly realised that my iPhone 3GS is not broken. And "all" I am getting is a better camera and some new funky functionality. That I'll probably use once or twice a day.

So I'm waiting.

Mine too...mines ok (3G) but slow and no multitasking available on mine with the new IOS4. You upgraded yours to IOS4 yet?

I'm getting a better camera, video recording, better screen, multiple exchange accounts, which I do use for work purposes and multitasking. I'm due to upgrade to so think I might as well, even if the contracts on data aren't as good as my current one.

G

Oh I will be getting it ASAP pal, but decided it's not worth queuing for hours. I am due an upgrade, but getting my man from Voda to call me and sort the 30% off my contract for friends and family, just like the current 3GS account ;)

Not worth queues agreed, but I do want one tomorrow at some point. Nice discount :)

G

Yeah it's pretty useful. The guy is calling me tomorrow to arrange it all, so should have it Friday/Saturday.

Bet people are queuing right now. Makes me sick, I want one. I should get mine at 1pm, lunchtime so can pop out to get one if they have any left that is. LOL.

G

My brother is in the queue. He said there's about 60 people in front of him, and he's only seen about 4 leave before him as they're activiting them in store, and setting up emails etc....I think it's gonna be a longgggg say for him. Poor lad.

Let us know how you get on G

He's on holiday on the south coast, so not sure. I think he's gone to the apple store in brighton though. He got there at 8, and still hasn't got it yet! Although he just texted saying he was close. I hate him...not only is he getting an iPhone 4, but he's on holiday and i'm working. booooo

:o.k: All set up now Its Mental! Screen Quality is unbelievable!

Well disappointed.....none left in any of my local and local (ish) stores.

Gutted mate!!! Sorry to hear that. Did they give you any indication of when they'll be any available?

And Hoggy...i'm jealous! haha. Hope you keep enjoying it mate. I'm still yet to hear any report from my brother, so he's officially fired, ha

anyone got this signal problem ? losses strength when holding in palm ??

anyone got this signal problem ? losses strength when holding in palm ??

If you're on O2 switch it on and off. Common problem at the moment.

Oh and G, winging it's way to me as we speak chap ;) It's not what you know ;)

Went to order mine this evening, They had stock, was gonna do me a deal on the remainder or my contract and I could of had it delivered tomorrow!

COULD HAVE!!!....until the Guy at 02 advised me to WAIT!......LET THE NIGGLES AND BUGS GET SORTED was his comment.

Come to think of it....I agree!

Having thought about it I'm gonna cancel my contract instead. Moving into a new house is more important at the moment. Double garage too for me motor and my detailing.

G

Just got my despatched email this evening with vodafone. I don't believe in wasting my time with going to a store early in the morning and then shovel out money 2-3 hours later in a qeueue risking it.
Ordered online at around 8.30am before I left for work. Emails at mid morning to say they received my request, and email followed saying your order has been processed. checked my online account plan changed over. Got in from footy just now email to say it's been despatched with tracking. - thought i missed out, but guess i was lucky.

Looked on vodafone website people paid at around 7am on release and still nothing, staff replied saying if you don't have a despatched email meant you missed out... wtf?

anyhow, post back later with my feedback. :)

Problems plaguing the iPhone already with reception loss when holding it and dropped calls often.

Glad I'm not getting one now.

G

that sucks, no doubt an easy fix. But im sure phones are tested for this. Maybe british hands have less resistance than american hands?:yes: yes that must be it

Got one yesterday and what a flipping phone, wow the screen is just something else! Experiencing no problems using it and the video calling (facetime) is impressive to. Although it needs to be over Wifi which apparently they're releasing to work over 3g.

Sorry guys not rubbing it in but just don't believe all the media, they're some real apple haters who will nit pick at any tiny detail to give them a bad name. I've tried holding it where it said there was a problem during a call and it was fine. Apple are the first people out their who will replace a phone if there was a problem (ok prob not right now with the shortages) but remember the common cracks under the charger slot which appeared after a while on the 3g and 3gs? Apple replaced them straight away in MK if it was under a year there and then... they're customer service (I feel) is very impressive.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read into this before buying and there was a video of the guy on youtube who said it happens to him, he tried it and when he did it the signal didn't drop and he then went it usually drops or a long the lines off. but tbh it could be just that AT&T in USA are rubbish, so it shouldn't effect our tariffs over here anyway.

Well me and and a friend of mine both have the iPhone 4 on o2 and it doesn't happen. (With no case)

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

i dont think i cant wait much longer. i must have one.

Well me and and a friend of mine both have the iPhone 4 on o2 and it doesn't happen. (With no case)

Me and my twin brother got them yesterday on O2 and have had no problems! Seems like a load of nonsense if you ask me, Again WHAT A PHONE!

Quick update.

I upgraded to os4 last night and the phone and car didn't fall out with each other all day. I know it's only one day but I'm hopeful! Usually they disconnected about a dozen times a day.

Also when I got a call, my ringtone came through the Bluetooth. That never happened before.

Due the be one next week though!!

so whats all the fuss about then, why is it sooo good? someone please tell me?

Simple fact is, don't get one if you're left handed.

Prawn, fancy some facetime ;)