iphone 4 phone cradle for armrest phone prep

mrash

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know where I can get an iPhone 4 mount/cradle for the armrest phone prep? I know Audi do them at around £110, but was wondering if there was anywhere else I could get one for a lot less.

I've been loking into this mate. Looks like it Audi only P/N: 8t0051435F.

Expensive for a phone charger!

I've been loking into this mate. Looks like it Audi only P/N: 8t0051435F.

Expensive for a phone charger!
I know, £109! however it is neat, and improves the signal too. Im currently using a lighter socket charger, but i prefer as few wires as possible...I was hoping there would be other places I could get one from, but even eBay isnt proving fruitful. I'd happily pay £50 for one, but £109 is taking the p*ss.

Yep, I just bit the bullet and bought one! Should be here in the morning :) I'm hoping it works ok with the iPhone 4 Bumper.

When it arrives would you mind popping a pic up, and letting me know if it actually makes a difference to the signal?:thumbsup:

Yep, thats where I got mine fronm. Just called them up though...

I would love one but cant justify it so I will have to stick to using blue tooth and a cable charger and use my arm rest for storing mints and sweets for long journeys lol

Thats the one I got, works a treat and genuine part as well. Came next day delivered and all....

Mine hasent turned up yet. Can you confirm if it works OK with the Apple Bumper?

Just to let you know guys. The cradle does improve the signal (1-2 bars), but it does not work with the Apple Bumper Case.

Good deal from the above ebay link as well.

Can you post a pic?

Wouldn't mind having a look, cheers.

Does the iPhone cradle also act as an mp3 player to the headunit from the iPhone ? I'm thinking of getting one for mine too. And will the iPhone clip into it with hard back case not the bumper?

Does the iPhone cradle also act as an mp3 player to the headunit from the iPhone ? I'm thinking of getting one for mine too. And will the iPhone clip into it with hard back case not the bumper?

I would like to know this also if the cradle acts as a plug in to the headunit for music usage :)

sup guys still need to get the photo up of my cradle! i promise to do it tomorrow.

The iphone cradle wont play music from the iphone at all, It also wont clip on with anycase. It has to be out of the case to slot in. We have 3 different cases at home and none of them will fit with the phone in the cradle.

I have the dash prep hence why i wanted the cradle as i wanted to make use of the phone prep on the dash. Its only really good for charging and boosting the reception a bit. Would also come in very hand for those who have the tom-tom application so the cradle sits infront of you and on charge.

I just ordered the cradle which sits in the armrest, ain't got the car yet either. I have a ion carbon cover. Top and bottom are open so I'm hoping it will fit fingers crossed. If it does not fit do you think audi will have it back? I don't wanna be taking the cover on and off. That's a pain in the ****!

Na bro highly doubt it will fit, Basically you push the phone down onto the charger and push it back to clip it in. the ion case covers the sides so it will be to wide.

im buying a cheap bumper which i can quickly remove and stuff. The cradles good but if its in the armrest i would not bother as you can still connect up to bluetooth and use it

If you have RNS-e - and the AMI set-up> does the I-adaptor not connect the iPhone to the car audio and also charge at the same time?

cancelled the iphone 4 cradle, no point if i gotta keep taking it out of the cover, especially as i will prob snap the cover in the process! bluetooth it is then!