Iphone 4 and Ipod connection

Andy Crooks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hope someone can help, I have an Iphone 4 and in my 61 plate Audi A3 with Ipod connection which is really good and i like however, what I want to know is, is there a cradle for the Iphone 4?

I have been to audi and spoke to parts, I showed them the parts I got when picking the car up and he said if i used the flat pieces of plastic with some like triangle shaped wedges that should support it and stop it rattling?

Has anyone found a cradle elsewhere (Audi as of yet dont have one for the Iphone 4) or did they use the parts they got given and make there own to size

Thanks for your time in reading, hopefully someone can help

Try the brodit iphone 4 cradle, there are a few options depending on where you want your iphone to be mounted.

crunchie, sadly i dont think that will work as my ipod connection is in the glove box, i'll upload a few images of where it is and what its like and the parts that came with the car and see if that helps

The flat piece i put in there to see if it would help but it tips the phone up at an angle and looks silly.

These are the parts that came with the car for the Ipod connection, the parts with the circular holes in them i was looking for something like them but for the Iphone 4!

Worcester Audi suggested that I should just use the flat peices of plastic and put the little triangular plastic bits at the top of the phone and maybe glue them to the flat plastic parts

Perhaps, something like this Brodit Mobile Phone Holder for Apple iPhone 4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics just found on amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for the Brodit cradles; I've used a couple of them with various iPhones and cases, and they're all great. Plus the flexibility of mix-and-match with the various mounts can't be beaten.

Phil

You need to use the deepest triangle support and slide that into the iPod connector. Does yours charge the iPhone? Mine didn't so I had got a Scosche Passport Car Charging Adaptor for iPhone & iPod | eBay which in turns pushes the iPhone further out and it rests on the glovebox lid once shut. You need this also otherwise the iPod or iPhone just wiggles out when you go around a roundabout and you lose you tunes!!

They must have updated the glove box mount as mine (07) would play but not charge.

I don't have an Iphone but I do use an Ipod touch. I found an equivalent to the Scosche from Maplins for about £8-9 but I then couldn't get the unit to stay im place so I ended up canibalising an old (dead) Ipod photo with the guts removed. The adaptor went inside it with the conector at the base where the original had been. An extension lead from ebay lets me plug in the ipod which rests loose inside the glovebox.

As far as the phone is concerned, my car came fitted with a Parrot 3100 kit which connects via Bluetooth and mutes/pauses the stereo when used. Don't know if it would work with the phone docked.

my arm rest is just empty with no phone connectivity points, when connecting my phone in the glove box it pauses the music and continues when finishing the phone call

my arm rest is just empty with no phone connectivity points, when connecting my phone in the glove box it pauses the music and continues when finishing the phone call

It was designed for an iPod rather than a iPhone or iPod Touch. They must of updated the charging part of it now if yours charges. You won't be able to use the phone through the iPod connector at all.

Bought the Brodit mount and frankly I'm disappointed. A lot of money for a lump of ugly black plastic, which you still have to drill to attach the equally expensive clip. It is also far too deep, especially as it is advertised as being custom made for the car. Gets in the way of the indicator stork once the iPhone is in situ. Not impressed.

The Dension iPhone car mount looks far better, far more featured and for not a lot more.

Bought the Brodit mount and frankly I'm disappointed. A lot of money for a lump of ugly black plastic, which you still have to drill to attach the equally expensive clip. It is also far too deep, especially as it is advertised as being custom made for the car. Gets in the way of the indicator stork once the iPhone is in situ. Not impressed.

The Dension iPhone car mount looks far better, far more featured and for not a lot more.

The OP isn't using the iPhone as a phone, but as an iPod in the iPod connector in the glove box....