1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone 3g ipod connection

heliflyer May 30, 2009

1. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Hi i have a concert hu,cd changer in glove box and would like a good quality ipod/iphone connection also needs to charge iphone as batt life is rubbish any help appreciated ,Ian

2. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

What year is your A3?

3. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Hi mate its 05 s line quattro cheers

4. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I would go with the Dension gateway 100 and CD changer retention kit, this will allow you to charge your Ipod and keep the CD changer.

5. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Thanks for the reply, i was told that this model charged all ipods but not iphone thanks Ian

6. s8craig

It charges the Iphone

7. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Ok thanks for that can you give me a supply and fitt price then cheers Ian

Thanks for the replys now sorted iv ordered the dension gateway kit cheers

8. s8craig

If you have ordered it, they are fairly easy to fit, just messy with the CD changer retention kit. Everything is labelled, just remember to get a good earth for the black wire.

9. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Thanks mate i didnt go with the cd retention kit as i dont use the changer anyway ,but ill call as soon as i have funds for the rnse cheers ian

10. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Just fitted the dension 100 came with retention cable works fine even with my bluetooth but will not charge the iphone unless i put a scosche adapter in line any ideas why it wont charge without this adapter as everyone i spoke to says it will charge any ideas welcome thanks Ian