1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 3G + Cradle

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by StevenAFC, Dec 28, 2008.

1. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 28, 2008]
    Hi,

I recently purchased the iphone 3G cradle for my dashboard, but it doesnt appear to my charging my iPhone.

When you plug it in my phone vibrates and the little battery symbol changes to a charging symbol. BUT the phone runs out of battery as quickly as normal! I was driving some distance using the **** iphone GPS, when all of a sudden "20% Battery Remaining" WTF!!! The phone switched off and left me up shits creak with no GPS!

Anyway can I just confirm that I must have a fault somewhere, and its not just me!

Thanks

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. sakkie69

sakkie69 2008 Audi S3

[Dec 28, 2008]
    Iphone 3G uses different pins to charge than the normal Iphone. So the cradle you got is probably not compatible with it.
  4. drnutta

drnutta Member

[Dec 28, 2008]
    Is this the audi cradle?
  5. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 28, 2008]
    Yep the official one, Audi dude said it worked with it. I know the pins have changed but normally, when you use an old charger it says on the iPhone "This is not a compatible accessory", but weirdly this one just looks like its charging!
  6. stevec

stevec Member

[Aug 5, 2009]
    Hello All,

Not posted on here for some time. Too busy working and when not working having fun bombing round in the S3, just like tonight in the sunshine. :yahoo: getting an itch for a bit more, c'mon audi get the RS3 out...

Anyway, I have been hunting round to find an iPhone cradle and went through a lot of sites a while back, work got in the way (as it does), then a year later (yesterday) decided to look again,

There is a UK list of compatible cradles here,

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/Technology/electronics/communication/mobile_phones.html
    http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/technology/pdf.Par.0009.File.pdf

There is a German list of compatible cradles here,

http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/kommunikation/handyvorbereitung.html
    http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw...ar.0010.File.pdf/090702_adapteruebersicht.pdf

In summary there are now two parts, for the iPhone, 1G and 3G+S (UK update is a bit behind the times)
    iPhone 8P0 051 435 GP
    iPhone 3G 8P0 051 435 HC

I have just ordered the second part number today (likely back order in the UK around two weeks or so), but translation of German says its now compatible, and presumably now charges. Will let you know when it arrives.

Cheers.
  7. Lima

Lima AUSmotive.com

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Hemuchizzit?
  8. Leenx

Leenx Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Useful post this - So I have the first Gen I Phone & I have the generation 2 mobile phone prep in my car. Therefore I need :

iPhone 8P0 051 435 GP?

Apologies if I am stating the obious here. So Audi would sell me this would they? is it just a cradle you stick / mount to the car?

Cheers

9. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Aug 8, 2009]
    What sort of price did you beat them down to?
  10. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 8, 2009]
  11. Lima

Lima AUSmotive.com

[Aug 12, 2009]
    Any cheaper options for sourcing this cradle than HERE?