iOS7 Breaks AMI File System Support via Bluetooth?

vimy

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and connected it to my A3 today to play some music (via bluetooth) and noticed that I am no longer able to access the menu system for the source on the AMI. I recall before I was able to browse Artists, Tracks, Playlists etc... This is no longer possible?

You can't browse track listing when connected to AMI via Bluetooth. Only via cable

Odd that you could as all I can do via Bluetooth is skip forward and back. Also this was how the dealer explained it would work. Anyone else have the ability to do more than skip via Bluetooth?

Odd that you could as all I can do via Bluetooth is skip forward and back. Also this was how the dealer explained it would work. Anyone else have the ability to do more than skip via Bluetooth?

I think it depends what phone you have.. I believe it works with iPhones because of its music player/iTunes, the phone will index everything so its able to be browsed via the AMI system or at least was the case before I upgraded the FW.

I'm on the iPhone 4s not got ios7, I'm on the previous iOS. Can't browse via Bluetooth. Am I doing something wrong?
Have no problems via cable. get folder, artwork the lot :)

I'm on the iPhone 4s not got ios7, I'm on the previous iOS. Can't browse via Bluetooth. Am I doing something wrong?
Have no problems via cable. get folder, artwork the lot :)

What version FW do you have? Strange I even recall the dealer from Audi showing me how to browse through songs.

Oops sorry should be more specific. I know what FW meant. What I mean is, on the car or phone? Sorry

I was never able to browse artists/albums/playlists or anything like that on my 4S via Bluetooth on iOS6, just shows what's currently playing and you can skip back and forth, that's it.

Reactions: Richyboyp
Hmm strange I 100% sure you could browse the library. I'm getting my iPhone replaced today, hopefully one that will be on iOS6 so I can see if it still works.

I could never browse artists etc over bluetooth using iOS 6 either on my 4S.