1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction and a couple of Q's.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 1600sport, May 17, 2004.

1. 1600sport

1600sport New Member

[May 17, 2004]
    Hi All,

I became the proud owner of a 1998(S) Audi A3 1.6 Sport in silver with an incredible 15,000 miles on the clock on Friday.

I just have a few questions to ask you guys:

Insurance
    Does anyone know a decent insurance company, the best I've been quoted in by Admiral £1800, is that the best I will be able to find for my age (18) with No NCB?

Remote Locking
    I've been looking this up, my car currently has Key Central Locking (with Auto Closure after 5 secs), I would like remote locking, and phoned my local Audi (Gilders Audi Sheffield) but they said they can't do it themselves. Is the Votex system the only choice I have? I would prefer Remote Locking on Genuine Audi Keys.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. cybrey

cybrey Member

[May 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    1600sport said:
    Remote Locking
    I've been looking this up, my car currently has Key Central Locking (with Auto Closure after 5 secs), I would like remote locking, and phoned my local Audi (Gilders Audi Sheffield) but they said they can't do it themselves. Is the Votex system the only choice I have? I would prefer Remote Locking on Genuine Audi Keys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the Audi Keys can be retro fitted and but I don't think it would fincially sensible to do it anyway. The vortex system from VAGPARTS does the job very well and is reasonably priced.
  4. leespears1

leespears1 Member

[May 17, 2004]
    mate that quote aint to bad! 1st time driver in a 1.6 rememba! Im currently with Adrian Flux. Mine was £2k with 2 years ncb! Give them a ring!
  5. leespears1

leespears1 Member

[May 17, 2004]
    theres a meet this sunday in Donnington area if you wanna go! see post in meets section. (i went yesterday by mistake and I set the friggin date!!!)hehe