intresting projects.....

I've fitted a 2.8 V6 cologne in my P100 pick up truck that's caught out a few kids in their mummys Saxo's!

Although that's probably not what you're looking for!

Just bought a 2.8 Quattro as my 'sensible car' and am open to ideas...

have just installed rebuilt 1.8t engine with low compression pistons, h section con rods and cams etc etc ready for a big turbo at the end of the year.

need to sort suspension and brakes out during the summer, got 19 inch rims but no tyres at the moment.

this month i've fitted a b&m short shifter, clear led side repeaters. a greddy turbo timer has just landed on my lap for nothing so will get fitted at weekend. next month looking at hid lamps with later style headlamps and a THS decat pipe.

Putting a pc in the car!!

Bluetooth, wifi, sat nav, 80 GB hard drive (enough for me), read ODB data (at some point), control external input/outputs, this is all working from a 7" touch screen. see linky in sig for more info.

As its a win XP pc, i can load what every i want!! Office, web browser etc

Some screen shots:

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

screen.jpg

messyrm2.jpg

More info found on my site:

http://www.m-i-t.co.uk/carpc.html

Flippin heck good luck m8 just removing the trim was a job in it self!

I'm panning a media centre including pc dvd player and three screens
MiT I'll check out that site for pc help

billybravo said:
mine is going on a diet im stripping the whole of the inside and going big turbo need to get this A4 in the 11 sec

cool someone of my way of thinking "like it" maybe i might be able to help you on your way to 11's....? pm. me...:thumbsup: how much do you want to squeze out of her???

i've done the "strip everything off that doesn't make it go faster " approach, but at 32 years old, i'm starting enjoying my more comfy everyday ride appeal. my e30 m3 and e36 supercharged 318 were stripped to the bone and caged with race seats, not practical for taking the woman out in the evening though.

well in the states there are getting 350 400 at the wheels which i think is a good figure i will be happy with 300 at the wheels

the whole inside is going to be gutted and ive already started by selling off my leather seats

and as for the misses looks like she will be driving her own car ha! lol

ah "well i totaly disagree" stripping out as much weight as you can most "definatley will make your car quicker" just take out your passenger seat and see how heavey it is (26) kilos..... so do the same with the drivers and you have saved 52 kilos. The back of the back seat alone is onother 22 kilos. so thats the weight of yourself almost and you know what a difference it is just driving without a passenger...! so do the same with the carpet, the windows, the heater matrix, the sound proofing and so on... you now have the rolling mass to a more better suited weight for the drag strip...
i have removed enough weight from mine that it should now weigh about a 1000 kilos.? so that gives me a 1000bhp per ton.. instead of about 1500 kilos

ill let you work out the rest for yourself:icon_thumright:

and im 35 now so does that mean i should be calming down a bit:no:
"never"
good luck with the car billy dont forget ..pm me

I will be installing Full RS4 suspension and brakes and may be 6 speed box and hopefully a BT kit providing I sell my F355 MR2 turbo. The RS4 stuff I already have bar the 6 speed box but all the over parts are already here.

where abouts you from dude im also going to be cutting some metel work aways which isnt needed the seats i want are around 7.5 kilo but in carbon there 4.0 kilo just havnt got the money for the carbon ones.

it would be good to meet up with you one weekend if your not far away

keep up the good work drag slag here i come :)

satans child said:
ah "well i totaly disagree" stripping out as much weight as you can most "definatley will make your car quicker" just take out your passenger seat and see how heavey it is (26) kilos..... so do the same with the drivers and you have saved 52 kilos. The back of the back seat alone is onother 22 kilos. so thats the weight of yourself almost and you know what a difference it is just driving without a passenger...! so do the same with the carpet, the windows, the heater matrix, the sound proofing and so on... you now have the rolling mass to a more better suited weight for the drag strip...
i have removed enough weight from mine that it should now weigh about a 1000 kilos.? so that gives me a 1000bhp per ton.. instead of about 1500 kilos

ill let you work out the rest for yourself:icon_thumright:

and im 35 now so does that mean i should be calming down a bit:no:
"never"
good luck with the car billy dont forget ..pm me

yes mate if you go into the gallery and have a look in asn feature cars mine is in there there are a load of pics there bud...
take a peek and get back to me before you cut anything out!! ill give you as much help as i can ...

dragstrip fun all the way.......:icon_thumright:

MiT that car PC looks sexy. I'm planning on doing somthing similar. Will probably wait till the end of the summer now though till I have some spare cash :D

The trickest parts seem to be sorting out suitable power for the pc and display and finding a good way to house the screen in the center console somehow, probably end up moving the climate control somewhere else etc etc ;)

Project_Satan that looks insane and you say 1000bhp per ton wow, any vids? what turbo is that

my project is my daily a6 2.7t rebuilding the engine atm aiming for near 600bhp on hybrids, keeping the interrior though i like the plushness :)

fair play to you dummy its not an easy mission putting big bhp on a 2.7t but enough respect to you... we need a few more like yourself, could make an interesting day at santa pod eh....
in answer to you question.... its a garrett gt4202r 1000bhp+
looks like a monster and the dam thing is. it's 17 kilos +the 2 wastegates it comes in at a stagering 25 kilo's
BUT it should do the bussines:eyebrows:

keep us posted on your progress
good luck hope to see it at the drag strip:icon_thumright:

oh and billy i still have all the switches from the center console if you need them:thumbsup:

Rich said:
The trickest parts seem to be sorting out suitable power for the pc and display and finding a good way to house the screen in the center console somehow, probably end up moving the climate control somewhere else etc etc ;)

I use a Carnetix unit in my Golf PC.

I'm also waiting to put my project plan for my A3. It's going to be more work because I have a double DIN in the Golf, so I installed a motorised screen and kept the head unit. Now I'll either have to mod the dash or.....something I haven't thought of yet...

If you're doing it for the first time, make sure you check, double check, and check everything - from wiring to locating to known issues. Time taken for R&D counts! It took me 6 months from deciding to put the PC in the car to actually installing it...

MiT, I'll be watching closely... :sly:

You lot have definitely got far too much time on your hands!!!

Engine
2.1l block with H beam and forged internals (stripping block as we speak thanks to Macca, diesel crank sourced, pistons and rods from US).
AJL big port head with vernier cam sprocket (already in use on 1.8 block

Exhaust
Equal length runner, low angle collector, TIG welded 316 stainless sch10 turbo mani mated to ported IHI VF34 (chopping 90 deg bends at the moment, flanges all cut and ready. got a cut off saw at Machine mart in the bargain section £50!)

Intake/Fuelling
575cc injectors
Split tube 3" downpipe mated to Miltek high flow cat (Cat/exhaust already in use at the moment) 2.75" Miltek from DP back

Forge FMIC - fitted at the moment but will be lowered, angled and baffled to smooth and direct airflow through the new s4 bumper.
Green air cotton, filter mated to 3" induction tube, RS4 MAF
Removal of crank case breather system, custom catch can

Suspension/Brakes
just had the whole drivetrain Powerflex poly bushed and KW variant 3 coilovers fitted. (still tunig but soooooo much better)
Have some 4 pot Monobloc Porsche Calipers/discs (eBay bargain!) and 345mm Merc discs to go on, looking for a donor hub to spec out the adapters. (anyone)
haven't decided on wheels. toss up between OEM Rs6's or some BBS' both 18"

Body
All ready to fit the OEM S4 front back and sides. front and sides need painting (regardless of what the vendor told me)
leaving the 1.8t badge firmly on!
Aero wipers all round (fitted)

Interior
Standard except alcantara OEM steering wheel/bag (what a ball ache to fit), plumbed in Origin B2/portable mp3 player connection

hope to have it to MRC over the summer for a few days to remap. will be happy with 350-375bhp tbh, has to be comforatbly within limit of turbo.

fair play to you jcb, macca. Thats the sort of thing i was on about at the start of this thred
i take it this is going to be your everyday car still tho yes?
or is it going the full nuts for drag strip?
eithere way big up yourself :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

ps.. you should share your experience on your project with billybravo he's doing pretty much the same thing.. we should all stick together on our knowledge of the thing's we know and have experience in....:salute:

daily driver for me, adding bits as i go. building the engine as a spare with the intention of dropping the original back in if and when I sell it and no onne buys it in the form i finally decide. kept all original parts for the same reason.

my new seats are in i just need to get harneses now and i still need to get rid of some metal work in the back of the car

Also if anyone finds a cheap alloy petrol tank let me know

will try and get some pics soon

craig

may be scaling back my project......just seen a house I like!!

gutted cant the house wait...lol

hows tricks billy what metal you ripping out now??
how did you do your seats in the end??
ah i have a harness if you need one.i bought a pair but only run one seat !!! pm me bruv with a progress report!!g good to see you have been bang at it ..:icon_thumright:

im going to post up some pics later on but the seats are in i made the subframes out of box steel and alu

ive not yet ripped out any metal but i want to start asap

i also got my car on the weight bridge on monday and im down to 1211kg from 1400kg

ive still got a loads to get rid off and im starting to finding it hard with me not having to much time on my hands.

i can take the passanger seat out on track days with ease :)

heres the pic of how far i have gotten ive still got a long way to go im thinking now of taking the sunroof out and pluging it with maybe a carbon copy.

stripout_001.jpg

The photo above shows the rear seat panel which is also going to be removed along with the upper shelf. Then i will brace the rear.

stripout_002.jpg

stripout_003.jpg

stripout_004.jpg

stripout_005.jpg

how permanent is your project?
thought about plexiglass windows and removing the rear door mechanism and welding them up? are you putting a cage in?

on another point, missed out on that house!! project is back on!!

often overlooked peice of metal is the frame that the rear seat sits on. never understood why som many "stripped out" racers have that still in.
If you want an master class on the meaning of lightweight, do some googling on the 911 shell that RUF produced some years ago.

They took a hole saw and basically put holes in every internal box section at 6 inch intervals, took about 40kg of metal out, full cage helps to maintain the rigidity but a rear brace and half cage and front (internal) brace would do the same.

jcb said:
the 911 shell that RUF produced some years ago.

They took a hole saw and basically put holes in every internal box section at 6 inch intervals, took about 40kg of metal out, .

Porsche did it with the RSR back in the 70's as well.

hiya billy..
nice to see some pics finally..a couple of things tho,first of all you seat mounts look a bit high do the seats have any sideways play in them becouse if they do they will get noticed at pod and you wont be able to run it.. they check mine good and proper as mine used to move slightly, i had to get it sorted before i was alowed to run..
secondly dont wotever you do cut the rear shelf out as this is only 2.2 kilos and the ridgeidity of your car. a rear strut brace will weigh more than that..
?noticed you havent removed all the dynomatting from the floors ?(21kilos)thought you would of wanted to lose the weight. ive just took the last of my loom out and f*#k me 26 kilos so ive now in total lost about 334 kilos off the s4.

coming on a bit tho:icon_thumright: