1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Radio and Podcasts.. how?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Zygote, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Zygote

Zygote Member

[Nov 10, 2013]
    So, after a few days with my A3 I am still in a surge of happiness and joy over the wonders of the new A3. However, one thing I miss is access to my favourite podcasts. I thought with the A3 being online thanks to my extra SIM card, it would be a simple feat, but I cant seem to figure out whether its possible. I logged onto MyAudi and there you can seemingly generate a config file you load into the MMI which will have the A3 connect to a Wireless access point which must be in range at given times of the day and download your specified podcasts. However, I live on the 10th floor of an apartment complex and my A3 is down in the basement garage, so obviously that not possible. However, isnt it possible to make the A3 download the podcasts using 3G with the SIM card in the car?

Thanks!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Zygote

Zygote Member

[Nov 19, 2013]
    Anyone? I really would like the ability to download podcasts from the MMI.
  4. Karl Alesbury

Karl Alesbury Member

[Nov 19, 2013]
    I don't have Audi Connect so can't comment on that, but I download podcasts to my iPhone and then use the MMI cable to access them. My phone is always in range of wifi you see..
  5. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

[Nov 19, 2013]
    I don't have connect either but I do have the Tech pack, I have downloaded the "Audi Connect" app, this allows me to get Internet radio and stream it and control it via the MMI, the MMI also offers me access to my podcasts stored on my phone.

Does your phone allow you to turn it into a wireless hotspot? If so you could use that to download your podcasts?