Internal Heating Querie!

adamroutley

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have dual climate in my 54 A3 s-line.

The thing is, the only way i can get warm air coming through is through the face vents. warm air comes through those fine.

BUT..

the foot "blowers" are permanently blowing cool air?

whats that all about?

(i have heated seats so if im freezing i crank those up and just have my face vents on)

Thanks,
Adam

Adam, the airflow is controlled by several motor-driven flaps, directing the air up or down, hot or cold or mixture etc. I would guess one or more of your air flaps is jammed, or the flap motor(s) is not working right. I do not know if VCDS can spot this problem, but I am sure someone will know. Make sure that you have the climate control buttons set for the air flow you want. Probably a good idea to pull out the climate control panel and check that the connector(s) are properly plugged-in, and there are no bad looking, bent or displaced pins. Have you changed the cabin filter at the proper intervals? Good luck.

vcds will spot a misbehaving flap as the system requests a position then checks it got there, if the position isn't whats requested it will log a fault

i had an iffy 'red' motor on my passat and a vcds output test would bring it back into service for a few weeks untill it died completley

Sorry guys, forgot to mention..the car was scanned full about 3 weeks ago and didn't kick up anything..it also had a full service not that long ago