1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittment Bulb out warning

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jdp1962, Aug 14, 2013.

1. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I started the car today, and the DIS bleeped to report a dead front near-side side-light bulb. Went and looked and sure enough, it was out. Set off on the journey, and after a few minutes, the DIS reverted it its normal radio display. Thought no more about it, other thyan to wonder if I had a spare bulb in the shed for whan I got home. When I started the car to come home, no bleep from the DIS. Went and looked, and the bulb was working perfectly.

I have a vague recollection this has happened before. Anyone else experienced intermittment dead bulbs that spring back to life?

2. ukdan

ukdan Member

Sometimes the filament in the bulb becomes detached causing an open circuit.
    Go over a bump etc. And the filament may have flicked back closing the circuit.
    Or it could be a loose connection.
    Change the bulb and see how it goes.

3. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

I get this with my LED numberplate light units on cold morning start ups although it disappears as soon as the engine is running.

4. jdp1962

Staff Member Moderator

Cheers, Dan

5. jdp1962

Staff Member Moderator

I had that a couple of weeks ago. Closer inspection revealed I hadn't seated my LED replacements properly, and one was slipping out of the housing. Two minutes with a small screwdriver and all was good

6. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

I had exactly the same experience with the rear number plate light on my Avant that I chased on and off for two years. In the end the bulb blew, I replaced it and it has never reappeared, Good luck its very frustrating .