1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent Traction control and ABS lights

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by richard300, Jun 4, 2013.

1. richard300

richard300 New Member

Hi.... I seem to have an intermittent problem with the Traction control and ABS lights both coming on.
    It seems to be completely random as to when it happens and if i turn the engine off and re start the car the problem doesn't happen for the rest of my journey.

Is this common?

Richard.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

It could be one of several issues, without a VCDS scan you're clutching at straws.

Next time it does it, see if the brake lights work - a faulty pedal switch can often give the warning light combination you've mentioned.

4. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

+1 for the above, could also be a steering angle sensor, as James said would benefit a diagnostic check in the first instance.

5. briang9

briang9 New Member

When I had this problem (on my S8) it turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor, do you feel the ABS kicking when stopping from very low speeds ie in traffic as well? that was another symptom of mine

6. braxTDI

braxTDI New Member

Mine does the same when I turn my HIDs on!

7. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

I get this and speedo goes off too, always get the code for front left wheel speed sensor but replaced about 3 times with new ones and doesn't help I'm in the process off finding the fault checking things