Intermittent running on 3 cylinders

iamramaz

Reaction score
Hi all recently bought an s3 (3months ago) so new to forum

I have a problem thats happened 4 times now. all of a sudden the car loses power and shakes when you accelerate like its only running on 3 cylinders. If i pull over and wait 10mins its then fine for maybe 30 miles then it happens again, Any idea's

Thanks in advance

Coilpacks mate, get on the phone to Audi, they are doing a recall, so should be able to replace them FOC for you.

Phoned audi this morning i have the bolt down packs so its not covered by the recall. They told me coil packs either work or they dont, as its intermittent they said its unlikely to be this.

I'd still suspect coil packs, they can and do work intermittently.

Go and buy a new one, then systematically exchange one at a time to see if the problem stops.

If you have VCDS, it should be possible to identify which cylinder is misfiring either via fault codes or logs.

bud before u plug in the VCDS you may have to burn around untill you get a fault light as the ECU will not store the fault untill it brings a light on a friend of mine had his s3 do this and just drove it hard untill it brought up a light then once plugged in told him which coilpack it was

when i have had this problem no fault light has come on