Intermittent Fuel Pump Fault

CJGREEN89

Reaction score
Over the past 2 weeks I've sent quite abit on trying to sort out an intermittent running issue.

I think I've finally found out that the fuel pump/sender is either working part time OR the wiring to it is causing the issues.

Had the pipes off, turned over and no fuel came out the sending hole, left it an hour or so, tried again and fuel flying out the hole. Connected back up and got the car running again.

Is this a full fuel sender unit replacement job or the wiring to the connector which needs checking?

Fuel gauge is reading the correct level of fuel.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Over the past 2 weeks I've sent quite abit on trying to sort out an intermittent running issue.

I think I've finally found out that the fuel pump/sender is either working part time OR the wiring to it is causing the issues.

Had the pipes off, turned over and no fuel came out the sending hole, left it an hour or so, tried again and fuel flying out the hole. Connected back up and got the car running again.

Is this a full fuel sender unit replacement job or the wiring to the connector which needs checking?

Fuel gauge is reading the correct level of fuel.

Thanks.

Car is a 2.7tdi quattro avant.

Diagnosed this last night. Wiring under the fuel pump relay under the ECU had snapped.

Bridged it and car started straight up.
99f9912c93ebb6ca048062fdfbf45d5a.jpg
a417277d51207d9c1a97133a0ebcec09.jpg
db185f8cdfaec329e0702ab0e6d1a300.jpg