1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent clutch squeak 1.8T

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by bigtommy, Dec 31, 2011.

1. bigtommy

bigtommy Member

[Dec 31, 2011]
    My wife has been complaining that the clutch squeaks in 1st gear now and again on initial take off. I've had it do it a couple of times too when i have driven it recently. there is no slippage at all. Car has only done 15k and is under warranty for few more months but given that the noise isn't always there I would bet the dealer won't be able to replicate it. I suspect the clutch release bearing might just need greasing. Any thoughts?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Jan 1, 2012]
    is it squeeking inside the cabin or in general as some cars have a spring mechanism adjuster on the clutch pedal and the spring can squeek
  4. A13

A13 Member

[Jan 1, 2012]
    was told by dealer that clutches aren't ever covered under warranty because it is 'wear-and-tear'
  5. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Jan 1, 2012]
    you can argue that there is an expected lifespan on all components including perishable items like clutches tyres brakes.

at 15k miles on a std car i would say that that is easilly within an expected lifespan of any clutch components.
  6. bigtommy

bigtommy Member

[Jan 2, 2012]
    It's coming from The engine bay.

I'd be mega surprised if Audi could wriggle given it's age and miles- usually dealers like doing warranty work anyway as they get paid for it by Audi
  7. bigtommy

bigtommy Member

[Nov 30, 2012]
    this noise is getting more frequent now. especially when the car is under load on a hill for example. It is still not slipping though so i wonder whether it is one of the belts rather than the clutch. Any thoughts?