1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittant power feed to air con compressor:-(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Dave, Aug 5, 2010.

1. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

Hi Guys had a few issues with my air -con lately the compressor does not always kick in.I had it re-gassed and leak tested today and all ok. Tried to put it on and no cold air :-( My mate put a meter on and told me to turn the compressor on and off and no power going to the compressor to tell it to engage clutch. What else can i now check?? Fuses, wiring, relays anyone had similar?? Would really like to get this sorted before the bank holiday!??? Ps 1999 apy
  2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Fuse would be my first bet...
  3. S3 Dave

Trouble is after i had left it the afternoon and went to go home it worked fine if not feckin freezing.com
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

s3dave to S3 Dave i will ask my ref engineer tomoz for you, he is a wiz with stuff like this..
  5. S3 Dave

@ s3dave Nice one!! its been working fine since. I hate issues like this. Found on the net that there is a pressure switch that can play up but i vag com'd the HVAC unit last night and no errors i'm thinking it could possibly be a loose connection now!!
    Hed F*k.Com
  6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

ok mate spoke to my engineer it sounds as though it is a controller issue or temp sensor in the car you can confirm this by manually trying to get the compressor to engage, by bridging the circuit like fans, so it looks like the heater panel maybe faulty what about vacuming around the sensor grill in the centre of the panel?
  7. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

you vagcommed it yet dude?
  8. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

hmmmm, air con isnt a good thing in these....suppose you'll be lucky if the compressor isnt shaaaagged
  9. S3 Dave

Yeah kind of what i was thinking. No errors on vag com though which is wierd. Have vacumed it last night so i'll have to see how it goes. workin ok at the mo, I'll be parting company with it in the next year. RS4 or 6 time soon!!