1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior scratch removal

tuffy Jan 27, 2013

1. tuffy

tuffy Member

Hi all
    I have a couple of nasty scratches on the ali trim in my s line. Has anyone had interior scratches they have managed to remove??

2. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

What type of ali trim, if it's fishscale then you could try using some acetone and a scouring pad to rub it down slightly then you could paint it, iy's hard work tho'. I did it on my old B6, looked after but really time consuming. Or you could vinyl wrap it, easy to do...... here's mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps fella

Mac

3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

My drivers door trim was scratched, carbon wrapped them in the end as it was a cheaper fix.

4. craiga

craiga Member

Any pics of the carbon wrap. I'm thinking about it.

5. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

See my pics above ^^^^

6. ben.w93

ben.w93 Member

Here is my previous carbon wrapped B7, I need to do my avant at some point really, apologies for the pic, its from my phone.

[​IMG]

7. craiga

craiga Member

They both look tidy

8. Darren198712

Darren198712 Member

was it a pain cutting arround the quattro logo ? this is whats stopping me from doing it

9. Amason007

Amason007 Member

10. ben.w93

ben.w93 Member

quattro wasn't too bard to cut out, I use a heat gun to shrink it over the badge, then used my swiss army knife to cut around it and something like a debit cart to poke the wrap down the sides of the quattro badge, I was worried about it, but it was reasonably easy and turned out really neat. Hope that helps a bit.