1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior Rear Lights

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by PeteS, Sep 22, 2008.

1. PeteS

PeteS Member

Hi

My 2002 Allroad seems to have a problem with the rear interior lights coming on. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago but last weekend I noticed that when the lights came on the rear passenger door puddle light also came on and the MMI indicated that the rear door was open. I checked the door and closed it but the light would not go out. I had a quick look but I could not find an interior light switch on the door. Does any one know were the interior light switch might be fitted.

Thanks
    Pete S

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. bigdavie

bigdavie please speak slowly so i'll understand !

think its in the latch mechanism mate ?!

4. PeteS

PeteS Member

Hi
    Thanks for the info I guess I will be changing the mechanism as I think they are a sealed unit.

5. maxlbrown

maxlbrown Deep Blue

it is the rear lock mechanism and its a pain as you will have to remove the window mechanism and door seals to get at it.

the lock itself takes minutes to fit otherwise. the whole job is about an hour.

Try ebay for a lock i got mine new for 3.45 plus 5 quid p&p from ra audi which turned out to be an audi dealer in the west contry.