interior lights on the roof

DJ-S3

Reaction score
my light on the roof keeps flashing. now i know that its to tell you either the boot or the doors are a jar, but on the weekend it just kept flashing. i opened and closed all of them loads of times. checked to see if anything was in the way but nothing. it just kept on flashing away!

does anyone know what else it flashes for??

my brothers TT was doing the same thing over the weekend. so i know its not just my car, sounds like it could be a Audi problem. or its just this gorgeous weather were having.

i know its something very little to moan about, and yes i could just turn it off. but i'd know it was still ment to be flashing, and for just ignoring it i couldn't. kept catching corner of my eye. really f***ed me off in the end. hahaha

its opperated by a microswitch in the door lock , try spraying them with wd40 and opening and closing them a few times . there are a couple of switches in each lock one for the dash display one for the alarm and one for the light i think thats why the light is on and the dash says the doors shut as only the light switch is sticking ,
it happened to mine back last year passenger door due to lack of use had to spray it a few times but been ok since

Rob