1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior lighting mods

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mattyboyc, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Well-Known Member

[Jun 16, 2010]
    Hi all, just a couple of pics to show my latest mods, I must say they are all nice little additions but sadly the pictures by no means do them justice.

1: LED number plate lights, new lenses and cheap leds from Hong Kong.
    [​IMG]

2: Cup holder and coin tray illumination.
    [​IMG]

3. Heater rollers illuminated:
    [​IMG]

4. Ambient footwell lighting.
    [​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Feb 1, 2015]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 17, 2010]
    Looks good Matt, I'm on my phone so its a bit hard to see the pics anyway!

Do I remember you having to order new cupholder and tray from ebay.de? I've still not got round to hooking mine out to see if they're compatible...

Was the footwell lights an easy job, and did you wire them up to the sidelights for an ambient red glow like 1wheel?
  4. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Well-Known Member

[Jun 17, 2010]
    Morning James, my cup holder already had the little module with the LEDS in it on the back of it and i got a new coin tray from ebay uk all i had to do was swap the chrome strip for my original black strip on the front,as for the cup holders from ebay de they are no good as the curved bit is the wrong way unless you can find one from a right hand drive,as for the footwell lights they are dead simple,the passenger one has the cut-out already there in a good position but i moved the drivers side one to a more central position (on the advice of Lea,1wheel) as the pre cut-out is directly over the throttle peadal and didn't look very good, i then connected them to my heater roller wirring so yes they are ambient and they also dim with the dash lights, it does give a nice glow but as i say very hard to photograph.