1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior light wont go off whilst driving! Says doors still open! ITS NOT!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by gaznogaro2003, Jul 19, 2010.

1. gaznogaro2003

gaznogaro2003 Member

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Right!

Ive noticed recently that sometimes the interior light doesnt go off when you drive!
    But then it does a few hours later if you try it!

Today and tonight its not gone off once, it shows up on the dash that the drivers door is still open
    Its not open its closed!

Also if you in the car and try and lock the car using the button on drivers door it wont lock!

When you get out and use the central locking it works fine but once again light stays on inside!

Common fault??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 29, 2015]

3. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Get contact cleaner from Maplins and spray a bit inside the door catch mechanism on the door. Shut the door and it should be fine. Mine used to do this all the time but now i've been sorted with contact cleaner. I had to spray it every few days but it looks like it's sorted itself out completely as i haven't had to do anything for a few months now!
  4. s4mark

s4mark Member

[Aug 1, 2010]
    mine is also suffering from this issue, have been spraying cleaner into and it seems to solve it for a week or so. Strangley seems to be fine in the morning or if the weather is cool but if it sits in the sun and gets hot then it almost always plays up. Have read somewhere on web that it may be the solders on the microswitch itself that have broken (aparently this is a common problem) and there was a guide on how to fix it but in my opinion seemed like a load of hassle. Gonna get a new door catch for around £50 from Audi i think.
  5. 1.8tplym

1.8tplym Member

[Aug 1, 2010]
  6. drfeelgood

drfeelgood Member

[Aug 2, 2010]
    I had the same fault when i first bought the car, had the drivers side door look replaced and it fixed the issue