1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior Light Pack

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Simcha, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Simcha

Simcha New Member

[Mar 1, 2005]
    Just got my Sportback this afternoon and its just perfect. Except one thing! I thought all the door opening hadles were illuminated at night? Only the back handles appear to be on. The fresh air vents are not illuminated either as they were in my last VW. Is this part of the same fault ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. imported_turbomower

imported_turbomower Guest

[Mar 1, 2005]
    Does your new car have the interior aluminum inlays in the doors and around the gear stick?
  4. mikelds

mikelds New Member

[Mar 1, 2005]
    I've got a Sportback with an intermittent light fault on the front two door handles back two are working fine. Parts replaced at the dealers but the fault is still there
  5. TTLAW

TTLAW Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    I had this when I first picked up my 3 door. After a couple of weeks the fault went away and has not returned.

Steve
  6. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    TT Law

Do you mean they worked at first and now they don't or they didn't work and now they do?

I've got a 3dr with the light pack (3wks old), but i can't see any red lighting on the door pulls.
  7. Simcha

Simcha New Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    Yes my car has the aluminium trim around the gear stick and on the doors. Looks great too!
  8. richy

richy Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    lights up fine for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  9. Simcha

Simcha New Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    TT Law, no the lights have never worked in the door handles but they do on the rear doors. I have had a look this morning and there is a little LED or similar that is fitted to all the enclosures. This is on in the rear doors when the rest of the interior lights are on.

I think I have seen a post on here somewhere that shows the lights on.

Can andbody confirm about the air vents?

I was going take some pictures of the car today but its under 4 inch of snow this morning, boo!!!
  10. moogie

moogie Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    As far as I know, the air vents are not supposed to be lit. Atleast I haven't heard about it before, and mine aren't.
  11. fuzzynapper

fuzzynapper Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    The lights to the front door handles are on the inside
    . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
  12. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Mar 2, 2005]
    Mine has also got a fault with the lighting. All of the backlighting to the dash and all of the interior light pack flicker. Got a dodgy connection somewhere I guess. Dealers on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
  13. Simcha

Simcha New Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    Re the aluminium trim, yes I did order it, but looking at other threads on here it sounds like it should have come as standard on the S Line. Is this right? If it is I will go back to the dealers and get some cash back!! Surely Audi must have a system where you cannot order an option if its stanadrd on a that car? Or maybe they do and the dealer stays quiet?
  14. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    Sorry to hear that Eeef, you must be a little disappointed!
  15. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Mar 3, 2005]
    Simcha -

Sure when they actually ordered it (when you're not around) they would enter 's-line with ally trim' which is valid but free, so they wouldn't be charged for it themselves.

Unfortunately their purchase price, with special discounts / arrangements etc, has nothing to do with the price you (we) agree with them in the showroom.

So that's £80 extra margin on the sale. Call it 'deception' or 'an admin error', if you don't mention it you won't get your money back.
  16. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Mar 3, 2005]
    could be worse, could still be driving my clapped out golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  17. Simcha

Simcha New Member

[Mar 3, 2005]
    Guess what they have started working!! All on there own!! Went out tonight and there they are glowing in the dark. Cannot see any LEDs for alarm activation now. Sure they were blinking last time I looked. Am I getting paranoid about lights?
  18. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Mar 3, 2005]
    On my 3 door you can only see the alarm LED when you stand infront of the car, not through the side windows as its mounted on the front of that plastic bump on the dash (sun sensor for the climate i think)
  19. cdb2

cdb2 Member

[Mar 3, 2005]
    Only found 1 Alarm LED on my Sportback so far, middle of dash top near where it touches front screen. Not that visible though.
  20. avalon88

avalon88 Member

[Mar 3, 2005]
    does anyone have an pictures of the lnterior light pack? I'm very intrigued now from all the comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif