Interior LED map reading lights not working

Reaction score
I bought these to upgrade my interior standard map reading lights to, but they do not work. I've swapped them round but still having no luck. They're the BA9S bulbs, 1.5W and 12V.

Any ideas why this is happening? Which bulbs are you guys using?

Thread on here mate giving you a full break down on what to buy and the best place to buy, ive done a full conversion in the s3 and love it.

Hey mate, seems like a strange issue - have you tried putting the old bulbs back to see if the fuse blew when you changed over the bulbs? also are you sure you'd be able to see those lights well when they're on? they face straight forward when ideally you'd want as much light to point downwards as possible as otherwise they're not facing the interior below. If it's of any help, I've found the type of 5-LED BA9s lights I bought:

Super White BA9S BA9 5050 5SMD LED Bulb 64111 39431 B5 | eBay UK

Hey mate, seems like a strange issue - have you tried putting the old bulbs back to see if the fuse blew when you changed over the bulbs? also are you sure you'd be able to see those lights well when they're on? they face straight forward when ideally you'd want as much light to point downwards as possible as otherwise they're not facing the interior below. If it's of any help, I've found the type of 5-LED BA9s lights I bought:

Super White BA9S BA9 5050 5SMD LED Bulb 64111 39431 B5 | eBay UK

Good point about them facing forwards. The fuse hasn't blown as I've pit the old filament bulbs back in and they work fine.

Are you running the bulbs in the link you've posted as your map reading lights? I may just buy these then.

Good point about them facing forwards. The fuse hasn't blown as I've pit the old filament bulbs back in and they work fine.

Are you running the bulbs in the link you've posted as your map reading lights? I may just buy these then.

Those are exactly what I'm running as the map-reading lights, they are well worth buying. Sounds like the LED's you bought might be faulty though mate? if the interior in yours is exactly the same as the facelift, try running the bulbs in the rear map reading lights to test if the LED's work at all.

I'm having this same problem. Managed to replace my interior lights with SMD LEDs. All work fine except the interior reading lights. Mines a 97 a3 agu but assuming the interior reading lights for pre facelfit / facelift / a3 / s3 would be the same.

Im using ba9s bulbs, they fit but dont work. Ive tried two types as I thought the 1st set may be faulty.

2 T11 BA9S White 5050 SMD 5 LED Car Light Bulb Lamp 12V on eBay (end time 11-Jul-11 07:41:17 BST)

and

12 SMD White LED Light Panel T10 Festoon Ba9s Dome XK on eBay (end time 24-Jul-11 08:42:43 BST)

Bot sets dont work for some reason (checked fuse and old bulbs still work). Any ideas guys???

Bhavin , did you manage to get yours working with the ones suggested ??