Interior LED map lights

Reaction score
I got a couple of LED map light bulbs off a mate who had a couple spare n they don't work. They do work when you put them on a battery though. Wondered if anyone had any insight to this problem?

I got a couple of LED map light bulbs off a mate who had a couple spare n they don't work. They do work when you put them on a battery though. Wondered if anyone had any insight to this problem?

Pretty sure they are polarised so try them the other way around... had this with the glove box LED on mine when I recently swapped all my interior bulbs for LEDs... glove box didn't work, turned the bulb around and bingo...

<tuffty/>

+1 for polarity, I've done all my lights now and a few were the wrong way round, swapped it and that sorted it

Yeh that's the case for the dome type bulbs as had that issue with my number plate lights but I'm having trouble with the map lights which look like sidelight bulbs. They have 5 LEDs on them, 1 on the end and 4 round the edge.

the only way you will get them to work is swap the wiring around on the light unit.

did you still want the H7's led kit? we kept missing each others calls.

PM me and we can talk through it.

Thanks

Done all my interior leds.as mentioned just turning them around should solve the problem.think with my map lights i had to bend the contacts slightly as they werent making a good connection